AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.2

Store Autozoner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone in March 2014.

Interview

I was called for a job interview on March 7th. I got there about 10 mins before the interview. After notifying one of the associates I was here, she went to tell the manager. I ended up waiting an extra 30 mins before even meeting the guy. We went into the back room and sat by the bathroom. He seemed extremely uninterested, and did not say anything about the job. He basically rambled on about what autozone is. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, or a call back. Called back 2 weeks later and he said they haven't found the hours yet.

Commercial Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Millbrae, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

A Desperate company that need to fill empty spots due to the high value of turnovers,hire whatever knock
    their doors and as long as they know what is under the hood,is good enough !!!

Interview Questions

• How could you treat an angry customer or a shoplifter?   1 Answer

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Millbrae, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

It was more like a desperate way to get me since i was available. At first they were friendly,later not even
    salute their employees as a courtesy at least!

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you face an angry customer?   3 Answers
    • If you can not handle a problem with customer what will you do?   3 Answers

Negotiation

They don't let you negociate, either you take it or you leave it!!!

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the district manager. It was a great interview and I was hired of the spot. The district manager was very knowledgeable and let me know what I would be getting into.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is well thought out and very organized. You are interviewed by a panel of executives which allows you to know that you are truly being invested in if selected. The company and culture are great and all good points to hit on/ask about.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Brief. Easy going. Dont nervous be confident sow leader ship skills. Big clean-cut representable well-dressed knowledgeable show good customer and employee relations have experience they will call her in here to try to get the right answer don't be afraid to tell them what you expect for pay they can only tell you yes or no

Interview Questions

• What are the two forms of shrink   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone in January 2012.

Interview

First of all the interview went over a few things: over basic customer satisfaction and employment history skills. Talked about time management and the diversity of the customers. Talked about moral and teamwork, then onto parts knowledge.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolleson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tolleson, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

This was a 7 step interview process. 7 different people all interview you for the position since they rotate you and want to make sure everyone approves. First is a phone interview, then with HR, then one with each of the Shift Managers, then with senior HR, then the Distribution center manager. You have to pass each one to go onto the next.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I interviewed at AutoZone (Kansas City, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

None of the higher ups were on time. I showed up early and got interviewed over an hour after my scheduled time. The interview was a bit intimidating having to panel on front of 3 to 5 people.