AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Panel interview consisting og 6 people. What a joke! Even though I was the most qualified and knew all the answers to their questions they gave the job to a guy 4 months in who has no idea what to do. I've been his assistant manager for 6 months now and he is just as clueless as when he started. Autozone will crumble with people like this running the show.

Interview Questions

• They kept bringing up past jobs that throw you off the Autozone way of thinking.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Keene, NH) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview- very brief basic questions
    2 on 1 interview - Store manager read from a sheet basic customer service questions

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interview

You have t fill out application on line..I got a phone call in a week asking if i was interested still. Went in for first interview. and a week later a second one with the dm

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions they asked about your knowledge of cars and how things work on them and retail exp.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

There is a multi interview process pretty casual not intense

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Interview was quick and simple... Walked in, had a 20 minute interview, was offered a job immediately... Started next week. Pay was non-negotiable and low. I told the manager I felt like I was worth more, he told me if I wanted the job I'd take $8.25 an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever witnessed someone stealing, and how I handled it...   Answer Question

Psm Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

they will ask general automotive knowledge questions

Interview Questions

• various "tell me about a time when....."   1 Answer

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interview

The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions

• had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$12.50

Interview

The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.