AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.2

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

If you pass the online portion which is more about ethics than skill, you're in. Commercial isn't easy to break into unless you've done this sort of thing, or sadly... are an attractive woman.

Interview Questions

• Name something you've done to bend the rules.   1 Answer

Parts Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone in February 2017.

Interview

I signed up online and answered basic questions and a very nice manager called me for an interview the very next day.
    The application was easy. I didnt have a resume to upload and it was fine.

Interview Questions

• it began with a basic auto test. brakes and rotors some electrical and also spark plugs and tune up questions.   Answer Question
    • she asked why I wanted to work there.
      she was so nice so we talked for a while.
      1 Answer

The offer was to come into meet the district manager the next day but I found another job and Auto Zone only offered part time 20 hours a week to start.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very brief and cordial interview. I put an application in online and got a callback in less than 2 weeks. Interviewed 3 hours after the callback and received a job offer the next day. They did a pre-employment background check but no drug test. Had to do an 5-hour training session on the computer my first day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience upselling?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. They said we will pay you this much.

Store Autozoner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

First interview was with the store manager of the store that I would eventually work at (not the same city that I live in). The questions consisted of what my work experience was, how much I knew about cars and the different systems, manager asked me to name the parts I knew from the systems named, why I wanted the job, etc. The manager was really chill when interviewing me, and I also got a glimpse of how working in an Autozone would be. Store manager named off the basic duties I would perform if I were to be hired, and was given basic information on company policies involving employees, like dress code.

Second interview was at the same store, this time with the district manager where I was asked again about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. I was basically already hired because during the interview, I was also asked which store I would prefer to work at, and to list the stores (by city) in order of most preferred to least. At the end of it, I was given a date, time, and location for the orientation. First interview wasn't too bad, and the second interview was a lot less daunting than the first.

Just a little bit of information, there are 5 Autozone stores within close proximity to my city, including the one located in my city. When asked to list my most preferred to my least preferred landing spot when hired, I unsurprisingly had the one in my city at the top of my list, with the store I was being interviewed at right at the bottom of the list because it was the furthest distance. I ended up at that store. I had to drive about 60 miles round trip to and from work for 4-5 days a week on minimum wage for almost a year. Definitely got screwed over, but what do you expect from a minimum wage part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Name whatever parts you know from each *(insert vehicle system).

*Systems I was asked to name components of were braking, cooling, A/C, steering, fuel, ignition, etc.
      Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

First had a one on one interview with Store Manager after i got the ok on my background then a second interview was set upwith Store Manager and Distric Manager

Interview Questions

• do you know how to install a battery   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a typical interview. I was informed of the Auto Zone policies and procedures. What they do. Their culture. I was asked my work history. Was asked my automotive experience.

Parts Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (North Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Basic interview process. I started out as a acommercial driver and worked my way up. I have nothing else to say. I don't recommend this job to anyone at all ever. They will Fire you for someone else's mistakes and let them stay.

Interview Questions

• Hours of availability and my knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one.

Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Shallotte, NC).

Interview

Very comfortable and very relaxed. They ask what your background is and what your knowledge of automobiles is. I was asked some questions by the manager interviewing me after that he told me about the company what the job responsibilities are and what is expected.

Psm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tyler, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

You typically meet with the General Manger he then asks you about different components of a particular system on a vehicle. Then you meet the district manager and he or she asks why do you want the job

Interview Questions

• What are the components of the breaking system   1 Answer

Commercial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hayward, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very brief but it depends on the store manager. I've heard stories about 2 hour interviews and some as little as fifteen minutes. After you're hired they put in an offer and send you off to a training day they call foundations. You learn the culture and history of Autozone there and briefly go over how to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could lift certain amounts of weight.   Answer Question