AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.2

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phila, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

basice question about the job and how to sell and what you strive for are you a team player not much about it besides being a manager they will ask a different questions all together and will have multiple interviewer from different area to see if they want you in their store and ethnic background counts since it depends on what store your going to.

Interview Questions

• if you caught stealing what should you do   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Johnstown, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview never happened because interviewer was not prepared to be away from the sales floor. Waited close to 45 minutes and walked out so I wasn't late to my next interview. Was called 30 minutes later with an apology.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Interview

You do. It need any experience on cars. They ask very basic questions and you don’t even have to have an answer and they’ll still hire you. However customers will think everyone there is a mechanic...

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a full brake job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Taylorsville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

You sit in a chair and answer questions about what you know about cars..... actually a pretty good interview process if your worried about others knowing their stuff.... autozone makes sure you know what your doing or atleast have a clue.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tulsa, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Very basic. They will ask you to explain something you have done on a car. I basically gave them a story of a time a replaced a u joint. Do not over complicate things. Just tell them about how you changed your brake pads or spark plugs. Next you will be

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to explain something you have done on a car.   1 Answer
    • They will ask you to describe the parts in the ignition system of a car or the parts that make up the brake system.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews, three in person interviews and an aptitude test. The Aptitude test was very interesting, basic logic questions and series problems. Met with the CIO and VP before I was approved.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Jackson, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

Quick and non formal attire. There will be commotion because you’re inside the store. It’ll pretty much just be you and the store manager sitting across from each other asking and answering questions

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AutoZone (Elizabeth, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview was unremarkable, no unusual or unexpected questions. Interviewer was personable and professional. Followup was a panel interview with people who clearly wished they were elsewhere. One of them barely glanced up from her phone.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Glendale, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy & was simple. Asked about myself, then asked about my experience with cars. Asked about why you want to work here, explained the job that you applied for. If they like you, you will get a 2nd interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience & then they asked about my social life to schedule hours & my availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Middlesboro, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple 1 on 1 interview. Candidate must complete a basic automotive knowledge test. If you have a basic understanding of automotive systems (hopefully you do if you are applying) passing the test should be relatively easy. Other than that, the standard interview questions were asked and it was over.