AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.2

Store Autozoner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

First interview was with the store manager of the store that I would eventually work at (not the same city that I live in). The questions consisted of what my work experience was, how much I knew about cars and the different systems, manager asked me to name the parts I knew from the systems named, why I wanted the job, etc. The manager was really chill when interviewing me, and I also got a glimpse of how working in an Autozone would be. Store manager named off the basic duties I would perform if I were to be hired, and was given basic information on company policies involving employees, like dress code.

Second interview was at the same store, this time with the district manager where I was asked again about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. I was basically already hired because during the interview, I was also asked which store I would prefer to work at, and to list the stores (by city) in order of most preferred to least. At the end of it, I was given a date, time, and location for the orientation. First interview wasn't too bad, and the second interview was a lot less daunting than the first.

Just a little bit of information, there are 5 Autozone stores within close proximity to my city, including the one located in my city. When asked to list my most preferred to my least preferred landing spot when hired, I unsurprisingly had the one in my city at the top of my list, with the store I was being interviewed at right at the bottom of the list because it was the furthest distance. I ended up at that store. I had to drive about 60 miles round trip to and from work for 4-5 days a week on minimum wage for almost a year. Definitely got screwed over, but what do you expect from a minimum wage part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Name whatever parts you know from each *(insert vehicle system).

*Systems I was asked to name components of were braking, cooling, A/C, steering, fuel, ignition, etc.   Answer Question

Parts Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (North Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Basic interview process. I started out as a acommercial driver and worked my way up. I have nothing else to say. I don't recommend this job to anyone at all ever. They will Fire you for someone else's mistakes and let them stay.

Interview Questions

• Hours of availability and my knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not one.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Shallotte, NC).

Interview

Very comfortable and very relaxed. They ask what your background is and what your knowledge of automobiles is. I was asked some questions by the manager interviewing me after that he told me about the company what the job responsibilities are and what is expected.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a typical interview. I was informed of the Auto Zone policies and procedures. What they do. Their culture. I was asked my work history. Was asked my automotive experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick easy and informative, little bit lengthy but there is a lot to cover. BG check takes almost a full week. There is not one job expectation, everyone does everything.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (West Babylon, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy application. Take a quick general automotive knowledge test. Then continue with the interview in a back room, where they ask questions about your knowledge, what's on your resume, and so on.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Castle, DE).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for my first interview. The first interview was with the store manager and was about 20 minutes. After the first interview I was told that I would be called back in for a second interview with the District Manager. The second interview was short, only 5 minutes. Overall the interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a car that would not start?   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Questions so were not related to the job. Just got to know the hiring manager. Very easy. I seen others get interviewed and they were asked questions about parts and repair. Most people got hired. As long as you haven't harmed anyone or have a drink, you are sure to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the hours you can work?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called in for two part interview with a week apart. Interview was straight forward and was easy. Once hired went through a 10 week training process which included being thrown into a store and learning on site.

Assistant Manager/Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Mount Clemens, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Fill out the online application then they call you so you can set down and talk with them. This was a typical interview. Sat down with the store manager she asked me questions about my back ground, work history, told me about the company, and we talked about what would be expected of me. While an automotive back ground is not unimportant they are looking at the positions from more of a retail point of view.