AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Applied then a couple days later went in for an interview, was told that I was getting the position. About a month later I finally received the offer. The interview was pretty straight forward, just asked about certain situations and knowledge of vehicles.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a phone call a few days later requesting an in person interview. I arrived for the interview and had to wait for the hiring manager to finish his conversation with his boss. We had a very brief informal discussion of my application which took place in the back storage area, where we each set in folding chairs and talked about my auto-parts knowledge and discusssed what the job entailed. When it came to discussion of full or part-time, he explained employees are expected to start as part time and once they prove their worth they can move to full-time. I was then given the firm handshake, a friendly smile, and was told I would hear from him in 2 to 3 weeks as he had other candidates to interview. I never heard from him again after that day.

Interview Questions

• Name all the parts you know of an automobile. For example brake calipers, rotors, brake lines, master cylinder, brake pads etc.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the Store Manager and made my skills and ability to complete the tasks of me the main focus. The manager was very informative and helpful with the duties of the position.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in June 2016.

Interview

Met with quite a few people from different levels of the organization. If was a long day, but I thought it went well and I impressed them with my knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Was I comfortable in a more support type role than my previous positions?   1 Answer

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Greensboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

For this job you are called in for your first interview in which you talk with the main manager of whichever store you have applied. If you make it past that you will then be called in for a second interview with the district manager. Assuming you pass that then you get offered the position.

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Jackson, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

It's pretty straightforward. First you apply for the job on the internet. Then, they call you. You say, "yes, I can do the interview." They're like, "Cool, come in Tuesday for the interview." They give you a test, but it's just to see how much you know. Afterwards, they ask you the usual questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" "Are you willing to sell your soul for the company?" Just say "yeah, I can do that". Pass the background check. Pass the drug test. Go to orientation. And that's it. You got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

long process that consisted of 4 interviews. The interviewers are operationally based and have no out side sales experience. Text book questions that any sales interviewer would ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none set salary with no yearly raises. they also now require you to work every other Saturday

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Cullman, AL).

Interview

Quick and laid back interview. Applied 2 days before I got a call for my interview. First and only interview was with the Store Manager. Hiring process took 2 weeks because the District Manager kept forgetting about me and 2 other people.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have of cars?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Trenton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I got a call about two hours after my application was submitted and setup an interview. The first interview with my local store manager went great. I was asked about my automotive knowledge and experience and passed with flying colors. I was told that no full time positions were available at this particular store at the time, and was offered a part time position. I respectfully declined and told him my situation, and that I was in need of a full time position. After hearing this, he told me that a store in the next town over needed full time employees and made a call to the district manager as I waited. About five minutes later I was told that I had an interview with the district manager the following day at 1:00.

The second interview was a nightmare. I arrived at 1:00 on the dot. I was told that the DM was unavailable at the time and I could walk the store and wait for him. I wandered the store for 50 minutes before speaking to him. While I was waiting for the interview I talked to some employees stocking the shelves. They told me that this was standard and they just had four walk outs the week prior. I did not take this too seriously and just shrugged it off as I waited.

The interview itself was very brief. I was asked the same questionnaire as the first interview, then asked about why I thought I was eligible for a position. I explained my situation and asked a few questions about the job. I was told that a part time position was available. I respectfully declined and explained that I was supposed to be here for a full time interview. Hearing this, he told me that there were no listings for full time positions and that I should have known that this was for a part time. I told him what the store managed told me and was offered a part time again. I declined.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you showed initiative and drive in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • What qualifies you to be trusted operating a company vehicle?   1 Answer
    • What is WITTJDR   1 Answer

I declined because there were no full time positions available. I also made my choice based on what the employees there told me about the job, and considering that the turnover rate was very high, I could not see myself working for this company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

My neighbor worked there, he gave me the cheat sheet for the psych eval. The actual hiring process is very similar, get friendly with someone who works there(or be the right race) and they will overlook it if you are a total creep.