AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.2

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Castle, DE).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for my first interview. The first interview was with the store manager and was about 20 minutes. After the first interview I was told that I would be called back in for a second interview with the District Manager. The second interview was short, only 5 minutes. Overall the interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a car that would not start?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called in for two part interview with a week apart. Interview was straight forward and was easy. Once hired went through a 10 week training process which included being thrown into a store and learning on site.

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Questions so were not related to the job. Just got to know the hiring manager. Very easy. I seen others get interviewed and they were asked questions about parts and repair. Most people got hired. As long as you haven't harmed anyone or have a drink, you are sure to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the hours you can work?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager/Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Clemens, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Mount Clemens, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Fill out the online application then they call you so you can set down and talk with them. This was a typical interview. Sat down with the store manager she asked me questions about my back ground, work history, told me about the company, and we talked about what would be expected of me. While an automotive back ground is not unimportant they are looking at the positions from more of a retail point of view.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process was not very formal. I think the manager really needed someone and hired me anyway. There are a lot of stories like this at my store. I don't really have anything else to say about the issue.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

It was ok, not many questions asked, very little description about being a driver. I didn't know anything about parts . I never new auto part stores delivered like that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tupelo, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, in person interview with the store manager. We discussed available positions as well as the reality of what the job entails, which was refreshing. It was conversational and low pressure. I got a feel for the company culture from the interview - they are serious about the work they do and the customers they serve, but they also enjoy it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Taylorsville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

You sit in a chair and answer questions about what you know about cars..... actually a pretty good interview process if your worried about others knowing their stuff.... autozone makes sure you know what your doing or atleast have a clue.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone (Terrell, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It's very easy and they will work with whatever you are going through and they won't judge you, I would recommend this place to anybody.... I believe it's a really great environment to work in there is a lot of nice people that work up there...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year?   1 Answer

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Completed an application on line, about 1 week later I got a call from a local store manager for my 1st interview with lcoal manager. Intervention was about an hour. Various questions about my experience, my knowledge of autoparts, my driving record, my experience with working retail, then 2nd interview with regional manager that lasted about 1/2 hour. More of the same questions except to give examples of tough retail experiences.