AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

My neighbor worked there, he gave me the cheat sheet for the psych eval. The actual hiring process is very similar, get friendly with someone who works there(or be the right race) and they will overlook it if you are a total creep.

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Muscle Shoals, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

online application and face to face 30 minute interview asked questions about car systems and personality type questions such as what was a time when you had to deal with a difficult person since it is a retail job and you will be dealing with difficult people on a daily basis.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was given a script a couple of days before the interview and asked to memorize it in my own words, recited the script and pledge at the interview and a couple of days later I was made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the Regional Manager. It took place in the back room of the store. He went over my application and asked quite a few questions. They were all from a paper and were very scripted but he made time to talk about each one with me. Overall the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to bend the rules to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a defiant employee?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any management experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and quick.The interviewer had only a few questions and they were all pretty straight forward. The interview only lasted around ten minutes it was with the district manager for the area.

Sales (CSR) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I applied online, took about 3 weeks for them to call me. I went in to an interview (you probably wont interview at the store you will work at). The interview is very basic, very simple questions that anyone with a mind can answer. Just for fun they asked if I could name 5 domestic car manufacturers. They will ask you to name the parts of the braking system (rotors, calipers, pads, brake fluid, pump). Don't be worried if you can answer those questions, it is an entry level job and they just want to see how you are as a person, smile. About 1 week after that i got the job offer and went for training (more than likely not at your store)

Interview Questions

• Name 5 domestic car manufacturers.
      Name the parts of the braking system.
      Why do you want to work at autozone?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Wilson, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in and talked to the manager from another store that was 45 mins down the road. I originally applied for commercial sales at one store and ended up going to another store that was 10 mins down the road. we finally did the interview, talking about the dress code, benefits ETC. Then he told me with your knowledge i want you to come and work at this store and train to become a manger.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a customer to check if they tell you if their left front wheel is making a roaring Sound?   Answer Question

Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Got a call for an interview, asked questions about what you knew about parts. Took a test on different types of parts. Didn't know a couple of them, but they said it was fine. Then got offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a mad customer that received a wrong part?   1 Answer

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Dothan, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informative. The manager went over the job requirements such as starting schedule (part-time at any store), basic knowledge of parts, and dress code (required to purchase your own red polos, black slacks, black socks and shoes). I was informed that there is a type of insurance plan available to their part-time employees and a different one available to those who make it to full-time. Neither manager conducting the interview could provide information regarding the insurance policies. Typical cashier/sales person questions asked during the interview such as How do you handle coworkers/customers who are difficult to get along with>

Interview Questions

• What comes to mind when I say suspension parts?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AutoZone in February 2016.

Interview

Called within 24 hours for an interview in the store locally. The screening interview went well and was asked to come to the regional office on Friday for an interview with all of the district managers and the regional managers. Each interview lasted an hour

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest leadership weakness and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a job as a PSM for six weeks and if I displayed skill in retail then I would reinterview at that time.