AutoZone Part Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Part Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AutoZone

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Wilson, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in and talked to the manager from another store that was 45 mins down the road. I originally applied for commercial sales at one store and ended up going to another store that was 10 mins down the road. we finally did the interview, talking about the dress code, benefits ETC. Then he told me with your knowledge i want you to come and work at this store and train to become a manger.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a customer to check if they tell you if their left front wheel is making a roaring Sound?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

General automotive/retail experience "by script" questions. I was initially interview by the Store Manager which went very well. When it came to my (second?) interview by the District Manager,
    he was very "robotic, unemotional, in a hurry attitude, only wanted numbers produced questions type" of person which IMMEDIATELY set the tone for me. He decided at the last minute that my requested salary was above HIS acceptance level and offered me much less.

I then got up and said, "Thanks, but no thanks......................you're getting more "bang for the buck" with my experience and "certifications" on top of that..................what I'm asking for in salary is far less than what you're paying other PSM's that do not have the level of experience I do." He knew I was telling the truth and tried to make it sound as if HE would consider it and get back to me on what he decided.

I then told him not to worry about it, I have better offers' waiting for me to reply. "Have a nice day".

Interview Questions

• How many years of automotive/retail experience do you have?
      Can you work ANY HOURS because as a PSM you have to be available 24/7 if we need you?   Answer Question

The "culture" is not based on ensuring you have all of the necessary training to do the job required "according to the job description". There really is NO TRAINING, just a couple of time wasting trainers that have NO automotive experience trying to make it sound as if you've just entered the last job you'll ever want! Very wasteful time management on their part.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Orleans, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very simple phone interview by the DM, then offered to meet with store manager. called in for an in-person interview asking basic questions (why autozone? what can you do for the company? etc.) then offered a job the week after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you could not solve a problem yourself and asked someone for help.   Answer Question

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Got called to come into store. When I got there I was asked what a tune up consist of. This was really the only thing I was asked before engaging in casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What does a tune up consist of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the district manager. It was a great interview and I was hired of the spot. The district manager was very knowledgeable and let me know what I would be getting into.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone in September 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, both went very well. Waiting for background check now. Sat down with the store manager and district manager. Both interviews took 15-20 minutes each. Had the first one on Thursday and the second one on Friday.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Long Beach, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

One interview over the phone, one with the store manager, and last with district manager. I had to call a couple of times because there was a week between each interview for some strange reason.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in saying they want an oil change, what do you offer them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Initial interview was good. I shared what I could accomplish for the company and the interviewing manager shared what the company wanted to accomplish. Subsequent follow up revealed that there were no red flags raised when the interview was reviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working retail hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Leesburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Slow process but quick once the senior management clicks a button. Maintain proper availability and honest compensation requirements. To get an honest expectation of an offer. Be prepared to wait for a response, but let them know you are interested and you await their answer within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management is best required for AutoZone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ.

No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.