AutoZone Part Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Part Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AutoZone

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview separately with the Store Manager and District Manager. I did a phone screen with the Store Manager which was 5-10 mins in length. Most of the time was spent telling me about AZ.

No difficult questions and I was upfront about my automotive knowledge, which is limited. They are looking for people who like people. The technical can be taught.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little flexibility. There are set ranges that are very tight. Going outside of the range requires regional approval. Can be done under unusual circumstances.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week or so after putting in my application. I went in for interview with the store and district manager. They asked me the usual questions such as why do you want to work here, tell me about a challenging experience, why did you leave your last job. One element that was different was they asked a multitude of questions about different systems of the car such as suspension, charging, engine internals and air conditioning. They called me back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time a car broke down and how I was able to get it running.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, I expected the offer they were going to make.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

took a day and was at work within a week, went for the interview and had a 1 on 1 with the store manager. asked about both parts and automotive knowledge and management experience, if you are applying for management.

Interview Questions

• have to have parts knowledge and automotive knowledge as you have to give advice   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate wage

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Richfield, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

It began with an online application and one of those lame personality questionnaires. Four MONTHS later there was a phone call to set up an an in-store interview, which was held in the backroom with the store manager and an assistant. Other prospective hires may be interviewed by upper management. The interview was typical interview questions and a few automotive knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about your automotive knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. You get an offer and you accept or decline.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions; interview with District Manager who asked about past work experience and what I can offer Autozone; interview with Store Manager whom talked on a more personable level and asked about basics of availability and work ethic and home and family life. Hired after 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked about my management experience and automotive knowledge and the minimum pay I would except. Simple and easy going interveiw process. I was also asked if I'm comfortable installing batteries and headlights and wiper blades for customers.was also asked to have a conversation in spanish to show my Spanish proficiency as a lot of customers don't speak english

Interview Questions

• What parts are in the brake system   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Wichita, KS) in March 2011.

Interview

Process consisted of an 1:1 interview with the store manager. Interview questions based on handling pressure, meeting sales quotas, difficulties with customers/employees followed by automotive parts knowledge(for example, suspension parts)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a fellow employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate based on sales/customer service experience/automotive knowledge.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Interview

You have t fill out application on line..I got a phone call in a week asking if i was interested still. Went in for first interview. and a week later a second one with the dm

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions they asked about your knowledge of cars and how things work on them and retail exp.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Madison, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was straight forward with basic questions about education, automotive experience and driving/work history. The overall interview was simple and quick. Don't overthink it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it. $9.50/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Shallotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

It is a very long process to get hired, it took a total of 3 weeks to a month before you get hired. The interview was very professional and well conducted. They make you feel very comfortable and ask you if you would like anything.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about cars to see what your knowledge is, the most unexpected question was about the braking system of a vehicle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made an initial offer and they came back and we met in the middle, that was very easy and smooth.