AutoZone Parts Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.0

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, including an evaluation. Spoke with store manager over the phone, scheduled interview. At interview was asked questions about general automotive knowledge. Explained the position and asked some "canned" interview questions.

This was followed up by an offer emailed to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me all of the components of a cars cooling system.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in De Queen, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (De Queen, AR).

Interview

The interview and hiring precise was relatively easy. I went in, interviewed and waited on the background check. I was called the next day where I was presented with an offer, which I accepted. I had a one day notice for a training class two hours from my home. I had me to book a hotel room so I could make it to the training on time. I was there for 5 hours with no lunch and drive 4 hours there and back plus the cost of the hotel room. In my first day of work, the offer that was presented to me and my schedule was two different things. I left that day and have still not gotten paid for my training day.

Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Shallotte, NC).

Interview

Very comfortable and very relaxed. They ask what your background is and what your knowledge of automobiles is. I was asked some questions by the manager interviewing me after that he told me about the company what the job responsibilities are and what is expected.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a typical interview. I was informed of the Auto Zone policies and procedures. What they do. Their culture. I was asked my work history. Was asked my automotive experience.

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Completed an application on line, about 1 week later I got a call from a local store manager for my 1st interview with lcoal manager. Intervention was about an hour. Various questions about my experience, my knowledge of autoparts, my driving record, my experience with working retail, then 2nd interview with regional manager that lasted about 1/2 hour. More of the same questions except to give examples of tough retail experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Covina, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 with either the store manager or district manager. Hypothetical question such as " a a customer's car is overheating only when he comes to a stop what do you tell him?" Some basic questions the guardian background how much do you know love Automotive and if offered the position how much.

Interview Questions

• Components of the cooling system   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was given a script a couple of days before the interview and asked to memorize it in my own words, recited the script and pledge at the interview and a couple of days later I was made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the Regional Manager. It took place in the back room of the store. He went over my application and asked quite a few questions. They were all from a paper and were very scripted but he made time to talk about each one with me. Overall the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to bend the rules to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a defiant employee?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any management experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and quick.The interviewer had only a few questions and they were all pretty straight forward. The interview only lasted around ten minutes it was with the district manager for the area.

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Wilson, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in and talked to the manager from another store that was 45 mins down the road. I originally applied for commercial sales at one store and ended up going to another store that was 10 mins down the road. we finally did the interview, talking about the dress code, benefits ETC. Then he told me with your knowledge i want you to come and work at this store and train to become a manger.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a customer to check if they tell you if their left front wheel is making a roaring Sound?   Answer Question