AutoZone Parts Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Parts Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Shallotte, NC).

Interview

Very comfortable and very relaxed. They ask what your background is and what your knowledge of automobiles is. I was asked some questions by the manager interviewing me after that he told me about the company what the job responsibilities are and what is expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a typical interview. I was informed of the Auto Zone policies and procedures. What they do. Their culture. I was asked my work history. Was asked my automotive experience.

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Completed an application on line, about 1 week later I got a call from a local store manager for my 1st interview with lcoal manager. Intervention was about an hour. Various questions about my experience, my knowledge of autoparts, my driving record, my experience with working retail, then 2nd interview with regional manager that lasted about 1/2 hour. More of the same questions except to give examples of tough retail experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Covina, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 with either the store manager or district manager. Hypothetical question such as " a a customer's car is overheating only when he comes to a stop what do you tell him?" Some basic questions the guardian background how much do you know love Automotive and if offered the position how much.

Interview Questions

• Components of the cooling system   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was given a script a couple of days before the interview and asked to memorize it in my own words, recited the script and pledge at the interview and a couple of days later I was made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the Regional Manager. It took place in the back room of the store. He went over my application and asked quite a few questions. They were all from a paper and were very scripted but he made time to talk about each one with me. Overall the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to bend the rules to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a defiant employee?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any management experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lake Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and quick.The interviewer had only a few questions and they were all pretty straight forward. The interview only lasted around ten minutes it was with the district manager for the area.

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Wilson, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in and talked to the manager from another store that was 45 mins down the road. I originally applied for commercial sales at one store and ended up going to another store that was 10 mins down the road. we finally did the interview, talking about the dress code, benefits ETC. Then he told me with your knowledge i want you to come and work at this store and train to become a manger.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a customer to check if they tell you if their left front wheel is making a roaring Sound?   Answer Question

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

General automotive/retail experience "by script" questions. I was initially interview by the Store Manager which went very well. When it came to my (second?) interview by the District Manager,
    he was very "robotic, unemotional, in a hurry attitude, only wanted numbers produced questions type" of person which IMMEDIATELY set the tone for me. He decided at the last minute that my requested salary was above HIS acceptance level and offered me much less.

I then got up and said, "Thanks, but no thanks......................you're getting more "bang for the buck" with my experience and "certifications" on top of that..................what I'm asking for in salary is far less than what you're paying other PSM's that do not have the level of experience I do." He knew I was telling the truth and tried to make it sound as if HE would consider it and get back to me on what he decided.

I then told him not to worry about it, I have better offers' waiting for me to reply. "Have a nice day".

Interview Questions

• How many years of automotive/retail experience do you have?
      Can you work ANY HOURS because as a PSM you have to be available 24/7 if we need you?
      Answer Question

The "culture" is not based on ensuring you have all of the necessary training to do the job required "according to the job description". There really is NO TRAINING, just a couple of time wasting trainers that have NO automotive experience trying to make it sound as if you've just entered the last job you'll ever want! Very wasteful time management on their part.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (New Orleans, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very simple phone interview by the DM, then offered to meet with store manager. called in for an in-person interview asking basic questions (why autozone? what can you do for the company? etc.) then offered a job the week after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you could not solve a problem yourself and asked someone for help.   Answer Question