AutoZone Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.0

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was about fifteen minutes long. The manager asked me about my availability, auto parts knowledge, past work history ect.
Qs: "when was a time a customer was upset and you fixed the issue and made them happy.?"
A:give your personal experience example Q:"when is it acceptable to bend the rules" "when was a time u decided to bend the rules?"
A: rules are in place for a reason. I don't bend rules. That's not my decision. I'll leave it up to my manager. Never
Background check took about a week (I had to send mine twice because of a clerical error but once it was filed correctly, it took about ten days including the weekend to come back clear. My second interview was about ten min long and he just told me about the job description, double checked my availability and offered me $9.20 /hrly. Training was the following Tuesday for 8 hours.

Interview Questions

• When have you decided to bend the rules?   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you had an angry customer and we're able to make sure they were happy in the end.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Reading, PA).

Interview

Pretty easy, the manager will know pretty quickly if they want you on their team or not. standard interview questions, they called me back within a few days. I seen them hire people on the spot as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone in September 2016.

Interview

Asked about availability and experience the manager then explains what the company does and what position I would have in the store. How early I would have to come in and how late I would leave.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked multiple questions about sales and car parts to make sure you knew just a little bit about cars but more focused on selling and upselling. Boring and very relaxed but I already had the job because of a friend

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Cullman, AL).

Interview

Quick and laid back interview. Applied 2 days before I got a call for my interview. First and only interview was with the Store Manager. Hiring process took 2 weeks because the District Manager kept forgetting about me and 2 other people.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have of cars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Trenton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

First off, I applied online for a full time position. I got a call about two hours after my application was submitted and setup an interview. The first interview with my local store manager went great. I was asked about my automotive knowledge and experience and passed with flying colors. I was told that no full time positions were available at this particular store at the time, and was offered a part time position. I respectfully declined and told him my situation, and that I was in need of a full time position. After hearing this, he told me that a store in the next town over needed full time employees and made a call to the district manager as I waited. About five minutes later I was told that I had an interview with the district manager the following day at 1:00.

The second interview was a nightmare. I arrived at 1:00 on the dot. I was told that the DM was unavailable at the time and I could walk the store and wait for him. I wandered the store for 50 minutes before speaking to him. While I was waiting for the interview I talked to some employees stocking the shelves. They told me that this was standard and they just had four walk outs the week prior. I did not take this too seriously and just shrugged it off as I waited.

The interview itself was very brief. I was asked the same questionnaire as the first interview, then asked about why I thought I was eligible for a position. I explained my situation and asked a few questions about the job. I was told that a part time position was available. I respectfully declined and explained that I was supposed to be here for a full time interview. Hearing this, he told me that there were no listings for full time positions and that I should have known that this was for a part time. I told him what the store managed told me and was offered a part time again. I declined.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you showed initiative and drive in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • What qualifies you to be trusted operating a company vehicle?   1 Answer
    • What is WITTJDR   1 Answer

I declined because there were no full time positions available. I also made my choice based on what the employees there told me about the job, and considering that the turnover rate was very high, I could not see myself working for this company.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy and straight to the point. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes just explaining the job and what was needed from me. I already have automotive expirience so the job comes very easy to me. I was called the next day after I submitted the application and was hired a week after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

First apply online, then there will be two interviews most likely on separate dates. Interview will be with a manager from the different stores. The interviews will go over your resume or job experience that is applicable to autozone.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with basic car knowledge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Called in less than a week after applied online, in person interview was general questions about retail and then about automotive systems. The car questions were just used to see what you know not necessarily if you were qualified to work there.

Interview Questions

• Describe the suspension system of a car?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Middlesboro, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple 1 on 1 interview. Candidate must complete a basic automotive knowledge test. If you have a basic understanding of automotive systems (hopefully you do if you are applying) passing the test should be relatively easy. Other than that, the standard interview questions were asked and it was over.