AutoZone Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.5

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Johnstown, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview never happened because interviewer was not prepared to be away from the sales floor. Waited close to 45 minutes and walked out so I wasn't late to my next interview. Was called 30 minutes later with an apology.

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called in for two part interview with a week apart. Interview was straight forward and was easy. Once hired went through a 10 week training process which included being thrown into a store and learning on site.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Brief. Easy going. Dont nervous be confident sow leader ship skills. Big clean-cut representable well-dressed knowledgeable show good customer and employee relations have experience they will call her in here to try to get the right answer don't be afraid to tell them what you expect for pay they can only tell you yes or no

Interview Questions

• What are the two forms of shrink   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

An interview one day with a district manager. If considered further, there will be another panel interview usually with regional HR manager and regional LP manager, and possibly a district manager or regional manager.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Interview with DM first then regional manager. Process take longer than really should. Be prepared to talk about past customer service experience and leadership.
    Be ready to see specific as to what you did to be a good leader....increase sales and lower shrink

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

2 interview with DM, 1 interview over the phone with HR 1 interview with HR and RM. Normal and standard questions, no difficulty. take long time to take a decision. Had to call back several time to have things going forward

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Panel interview, two District Managers, then wait for an answer, said if I didn't hear back in two weeks they selected someone else, it took three weeks for them to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Sales growth, job knowledge, basic questions, nothing tricky   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me the salary I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Louisville, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of Regional Managers and my District Manager on various aspects of the jobs requirements. It took about an hour and I knew immediately their decision at the end of the interview. The questions were fair, appropriate and not heavy handed in determining my capability for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you greet the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with regional DM. Second interview with DM and two other store managers. Third interview was with HR. Experience was not hard just went with the flow of things.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your biggest accomplishments with your past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me more that what I asked for. That's always a plus.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (White Plains, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews one with DM (District Manager )and then with RM (Regional Managers). They want to know if you are flexible and can meet the sales targets. The RM interview was more serious. Concerns about company culture and being able to enforce the standards