AutoZone Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Applied online, completed interview with store manager and district manager. Was sent to regional office and panel interviewed by regional manager, lp manager, and hr manager. Submitted background and offered a position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Qualified candidates are scheduled for initial interview. Follow ups narrow the candidate pool. On site interview is conducted with members of the hiring staff and upper management. Applicants are interviewed to verify skillset and abilities.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was then contacted by HR to set up an interview. My interview was with 3 people(who would be on the team I would intern for.) The questions were pretty straight forward. I was contacted a couple of weeks after my interview and given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on working in private or public accounting?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, but somewhat unorganized interview. Manager was very nice and not threatening at all. She explained how they work as a team here and that it is very laid back. At the same time, she did the typical, "Corporate makes me ask you these questions". The questions were very standard: tell me about a time when you had an employee conflict at work, tell me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it, etc.
    I was asked what I was looking for as far as wages. Based on the average pay on this website, I asked for $9.50. I was told thats insanely high and that I needed to be more reasonable, so I went with $8.50. She said it may still be too high, and asked what my absolute bottom dollar is. I told her $8.32 (what I was currently making at another job). A few days later I got a call saying that she couldn't offer me any more than $8.23. I denied her offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

I was not offered anything close to what I thought this job was worth.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very technical. Be sure to talk sports. Many interviews including panel and one on one. very picky.
    Technical skills important regardless of role - they are overly emphasized.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the University of Alabama? Not sure how it relates to anything but very important within the department. Trick question.   2 Answers

Marking Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

entirely too long. From start to finish it took about 4 months. phone, skype and in person interviews. Culminated in a marathon 8 hour interview with multiple team members. Then it was back and forth between HR and myself. Ended up taking another offer, found out it was an addition 4 months before they made a decision

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Rigid, yet fraught with simpletons. The quality of the workforce and management is suspect. They worry about things that are not paramount, yet ignore the differentiators that are key to success. It might be best to look elsewhere. Avoid Rixey.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with DVP and Divisional staff. Very detailed about financials and your knowledge of how to impact growth at store level. Every response must be as if you already had the position. Very corporate mindset.