Autodesk Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Despite my respect for this company, I had a very bad experience with an unorganized senior recruiter. We had scheduled a 30 minute phone call at the beginning of the week. The time rolled around and I received no call, so I emailed her and she said she actually had me scheduled for a call four days later. I figured this was just a one-time weird mistake, but then when the time rolled around for her to call me, she failed to do so AGAIN.

We finally touched based and she apologized saying that my name was similar to another candidate's. I worked at a fairly well-known unicorn in the on-demand space, which she had never heard of. After explaining my company's business model, she later asked me why I wanted to transition to a software company, to which I replied that I was already working in the software industry (this was indicated by my resume's language, as well). She also clearly didn't read my resume carefully, and asked why I had only worked at my company for 3 months, to which I replied that I was in my newly promoted position for that time period but had worked for 1+ year there.

And then, even more strange, I explained my previous work creating data visualizations/dashboarding, and then she asked me "what does that have to do with this role? This role will be pulling data using SQL and outputting into Excel". Uhhh...what? This was a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE role, SQL/Excel are obvious basic tools used in dashboarding, and it clearly seemed like there was a bizarre disconnect between the job and what she thought the job duties would entail. I don't think this recruiter reflects the team or the company, but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I ended up getting an offer somewhere else and withdrawing altogether. I'd highly recommend Autodesk send candidates surveys to provide feedback on their experiences in the application process, since this was probably one of the worst interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was asked to do a market sizing case and a case study. The interview was tough but fair. I was given a sizing case and a case study for the first hour, and the second hour was 1:1 interview to discuss the given cases.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of architecture CAD market in the USA?   1 Answer