Autodesk Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Autodesk Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.7

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Over Skype, there were two people interviewing. It was done in English. A lot of practical questions were asked. Straight to the point. Didn't ask much regarding personality or involvement. There was a lot of back and forth for the technical questions so you weren't left talking alone when you were trying to explain your thought process and they seemed receptive.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

For internships students were selected for further interviews. Questions on the interview were fairly straight forward . Autodesk was looking for previous work experience. Be prepared for technical questions related to the job description and your skills mentioned on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favourite side project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Autodesk in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus job board and got an email reply a few days later, then I had the face to face interview in Autodesk office. The interviewer is the potential future boss, questions are mainly about their current project, they want to see if you can provide some innovative ideas. The reviewers are super nice, and they are willing to help you if you get stuck in the problem.

Interview Questions

• They listed some potential projects for interns, asked you if you are interested, and what is your idea of the project.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR and did a face to face interview. There were two interviewers and they are all friendly, mostly behaviour questions. Basically just go over your resume, no technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

The interview process was simple. It was arranged at my University and the interview itself was very casual. The interviewer told me about the position and we walked through my resume.
    Some tips for the interview(or any interview in general)
    1. Know about the company. This is the first question he asked me and I was well prepared to answer it. It sets the momentum for the rest of the interview and if you seem passionate, might even be enough to get you the job already.
    2. Say that you will be committed with absolute confidence. Maintain eye contact when you say this and make sure the interviewer is listening attentively. It is very rare that someone mentions that they are willing to go above and beyond for the company. Look very serious when you say this and lighten the mood afterwards. Well, that's how I did it anyway

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adapt in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Smooth. the interviewer was very nice, questions were basically about my personal projects and educational background. The interviewer also introduced a lot about Autodesk Canada. Salary and other info was also included during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you monitor the temperature of different spots in a building   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (Python) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position about six weeks prior to getting an official response. And then, after having a phone interview, I was told they would get back to me by early next week, but it turned out my contact needed feedback from the hiring manager. I contacted them again later that week but there was some tech convention that caused most of the employees to be out of the office, so I had to wait an extra week after that before finally being informed that my profile wasn't what they were looking for. While I can live with not being accepted, I feel like having to wait about 2 months to find that out in part because of bad timing was just frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Being a phone screen I was asked assorted basic questions, including what my salary expectations were.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone by a recruiter, then a couple of days later, I was interviewed by two managers separately at the Montreal office.

All questions were the usual... ''Talk about yourself'', ''What are you looking for in this position'', etc.
    I had a very long discussion with the first manager. I found the first part of the interview pleasant.
    The second part was... awkward. The second manager barely asked me questions, and most of them were repetitive. The interview lasted less than 7 minutes. I didn't even get the chance to ask questions, although I had many. I felt like I was bothering this person somehow, and she didn't seem interested in knowing about me at all.

I had an e-mail weeks later from the recruiter that they went with another candidate, although they posted the same job weeks later.

Interview Questions

• ''Talk about yourself''
      ''What are you looking for in this position''
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

- 1 interview with the manager I ended up working for. We briefly went over my resume, asked me some typical fit questions and then some more detailed/technical questions about my relevant experience

-Got an offer within 24 hours

Interview Questions

• GENERAL QUESTIONS:
      Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: Tell about your work experience

FIT QUESTIONS:
      Q: Describe a situation in which you experienced a conflict with a superior or colleague, how did you handle the situation and why?
      Q: Describe a situation where you wanted to implement an decision that wasn't popular, how did you go about this and what was the outcome

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS: (Keep in mind this is for a marketing job)
      Q: Do you know how to use Google Analytics (GA)
      Q: Describe projects and the type of work you have done using the data GA
      Q: Have you ever tracked such and such
      Q: What other marketing tools have you used, what are they and what have you done with them?
      Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk in January 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by one of the design managers, had a pretty standard interview. The manager is a very nice person and the overall experience is good. Unfortunately they only accept students studying in US so I was not qualified :(