Autodesk Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews done by 3 different people. They did a good job of communicating with me throughout the process of how and when things would move forward. The first interview I was asked about my past work experience and how it applied to the internship, and the second interview was focused on my abilities in the specific product management internship I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How has your past work experiences prepared you for ambiguity?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in February 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by potential manager a few weeks after applying and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The interview itself was casual, I answered several questions pertaining to the role and experience. After the interview, I was asked to send three writing samples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any journalistic experience or interviewing experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the intern by my friend's referral. The manager made a call and asked me about my expected package. He didn't ask too much about technical questions. We talked about the package, the housing, and the entry time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autodesk (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview process at Autodesk is slightly different from other companies as you are contacted directly by your manager under whom you are going to be potentially working under. The interview process consists of one or two phone calls. Autodesk rarely calls for on-site interview . I was contacted by my manager to set-up a phone call. The call was pretty formal and he asked me about my previous work-experience and described what the work as part of the internship was going to be. The interviewer delved a little into the projects that I had worked on before as part of my other internship. At the end of the interview I was told that I was going to have another call with a manager from another collaborating team/vertical. The call was set-up two days later. The other phone call was pretty much the same. The focus is on your past experience, because you will only be shortlisted for the opportunity if you have any past experience. After the call I received an email from the manager that I will receive a call regarding final verdict. After 3 days I received a confirmation with the details of the internship such as pay, duration, perks and benefits etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills that you have acquired so far that you can use during this internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Waiting reply for 1 month from application. Preparing phone interview for less than 1 week. And about 1 week later you will get the result. Then your work may start in a month. This is just the situation of summer intern in Novi. Most intern students are from University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Some intern from other states need find house themselves.

Interview Questions

• No hard question in my interview, the interviewer is very nice and he may be your partner or supervisor when you get offer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (Manchester, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

I just finished the first phone interview. The interviewer was really nice but the questions were hard. I was asked 5-6 questions and some are really easy, but some are really, hm....new to me. Like he asked me what is activity and intent when you write an Android program.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an application if it is supposed to keep running for 20 years without rebooting.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the taleo system. And was able to secure an interview with the manager. There were two interviews, first was in person and the second was online (hangouts). The interview was pretty smooth as the manager was a very amiable guy and explained the basics job requirements to me and the bigger picture where this position fits in. He asked about my projects listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• He suggested, "How about instead of me asking you questions, why don't you ask me what you would like to know about the position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was good so no negotiation necessary

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager alone who seemed to like me. I got the offer news 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discover you no longer enjoy the internship after a while?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their careers website for a developer internship. Three months later, I got an email to arrange an onsite interview.

They have a huge communication problem.
    Before the interview, they didn't reply to me when I asked about the interview topics (I wanted to prepare a minimum for the interview: was it going to be technical? Culture fit? etc?).
    The interview itself was unconventional but interesting: we just talked and tried to figure out where my skills and experience could fit the project for the internship. At the end of it, they said they were going to send detailed feedback to each of the candidates (amazing right?), but I never got the so-called feedback email.
    A month passed and I was told that "the position was still open if I was still interested". We misunderstood each other and they tried to set up a call when I wasn't free. I tried to give them other days to call me, but they didn't reply. I was finally told they were busy interviewing more candidates for the role (which didn't make much sense as I was getting the offer) and talked about the offer but I declined it.

So, overall, the role seemed interesting, but I couldn't see myself working for a branch of the company who contacts you only when they need something or are told to do so, otherwise ignores you. This whole offer looked like they didn't really like my application, went with me by default while trying to recruit other people in the meantime. Awful experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Autodesk in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus job board and got an email reply a few days later, then I had the face to face interview in Autodesk office. The interviewer is the potential future boss, questions are mainly about their current project, they want to see if you can provide some innovative ideas. The reviewers are super nice, and they are willing to help you if you get stuck in the problem.

Interview Questions

• They listed some potential projects for interns, asked you if you are interested, and what is your idea of the project.   Answer Question