Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

Automation Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple Process. The recruiter contacted me through my email. Had a phone interview. Resume reviewed . Then I failed in technical questions but at least I answered one. Since I was failed in phone screen, I don't think this may help candidates prepare so much. A solid technical interview preparation and system knowledge needed before applying.

Interview Questions

• Q: Linked List vs. Array.
      Q: What is blue screen of death in Linux ?
      1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online and got an email from the recruiter 6 weeks later. I responded with available times for the call, not hearing confirmation from her, she called the next day which surprised me. We did a 30 min phone screen and said she would pass along my CV to the hiring manager. 2 weeks later, I was scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager for 3 pm. At 3:15 I reached out to the recruiter who said it was scheduled for 4 pm. (although I had confirmed 3 pm days earlier) then 3 weeks later I was called in for an onsite interview. By this point I was over the role but wanted to see this 3 month interview catastrophe to an end. A third recruiter reached out to offer available onsite interview windows, I selected the 1-5pm option and was confirmed for an interview for 12-4 the day prior to the one originally offered. I arrived for my interview at 12, and sat in the reception area for 22 minutes waiting to be seen. Additionally, I was asked to bring my own laptop in order to participate in Lync web video calls with 2 interviewers not onsite. Lync failed (too echoey) so I had to use my personal cell phone to call the offsite interviewers from an Autodesk conference room. (Furthermore, the recruiter called me 2 days prior to my onsite interview and left a voicemail thanking me for coming onsite for the interview!)

By far the worst, disorganized interview process I've ever gone though.

Interview Questions

• Give me an elevator pitch of yourself; describe yourself in 3 words; on the spectrum of conflict, do you meet it head-on or avoid it; how do you get yourself up-to-speed for a role in 30 days if your manager is MIA?   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First Part:
    1st, Phone interview with Autodesk recruiter: communication and technical screener
    2nd, Phone interview with department manager
    Second Part:
    3rd, in person interview with platform managers for one hour
    4th, in person interview with platform engineers for one hour

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about the platform... really spend time knowing the product.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, and i really liked the videos of "Day in Life" to get a sense of what the company is about. Quick and responsive from the recruiter - never felt like the recruiter misrepresented the team or culture. Very easy to deal with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions about your past experiences. Nothing was ever a test that you felt on the spot. I felt that they interview for cultural fit first then experience in your job.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall is good. Interviewers are polite and friendly. Willing to share their experiences in working life. I would say Autodesk is the good place to work and career advancement.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Many phone and face to face interviews. Probably about a dozen after it was all said and done. Had me talk to way too many people if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall the questions, but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

applied through referral. hr recruiter was very unprofessional. we barely went through my background before she interrupted and asked why i'm not going back to the country i'm from, and that visa sponsorship would likely be an issue. i'd already checked off that i'd need sponsorship in my original application, so if that's an issue then the screening process needs to be fixed in order not to waste anyone's time.

Interview Questions

• why don't you go back to your country?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview a couple of weeks later. Engineer was super friendly and asked me general technical questions such as describing data structures ect and then moved on to a technical coding question. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hash table and tell the difference between an array and a list   Answer Question

Assistant Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Experience, previous jobs and describe them in details, work ethic, expectations, behaviour questions, previous employers, reason why move to a new country. the duration time planning to stay in the country.

Financial Analyst (Systems) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen by HR, followed by two phone interviews with team members. Final rounds were 5 back-to-back interviews on campus. I was contacted and told that I did well, but that they were going to give preference to an internal candidate. I didn't want to wait for that process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used systems to build a model   Answer Question