Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst (Systems) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen by HR, followed by two phone interviews with team members. Final rounds were 5 back-to-back interviews on campus. I was contacted and told that I did well, but that they were going to give preference to an internal candidate. I didn't want to wait for that process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional way of handling candidate.. not even respecting candidate's time. Never expected such an experience with one of the leading company... Too bad
    Interview did not happen as per the schedule.. No proper communication on the plan of conducting interviews..
    Would request HR to review the interview process so that no one should face similar problem as mine.

Interview Questions

• 1.Designing grep command for log file. Since he is working on text search area and he is a excepting same as Autodesk implemented .
      .   Answer Question
    • 2. Computing distance between to shapes [OOA design ] and code ? for shapes are circle, Square, Rectangle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Simple Process. Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, had a skype interview, then an onsite, and then last call with director. Recruiter contacted in the evening with the offer details. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

More about offer details: I've more then 2 years of professional experience, so I was expecting more salary then what I was getting in my previous company. But the offer was awful and I felt insulted. Firstly, the base salary was less then what I was getting in my previous company, secondly I didn't get any RSU's, and sign-on bonus was non-existent. I was also told that there is little to no bonus structure as well. I didn't know how to even start negotiating my offer as well but when I tried, I was straight away said no, and hence I declined the offer. It was completely awful experience!

Interview Questions

• 1. Pretty standard algorithmic questions.
      2. They read your resume really well. So make sure that whatever you write, you know the stuff really well   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter and HR were awesome. A senior program manager who interviewed me during the final round was extremely unprofessional. Late for 30min and never say a sorry, simply start asking questions unrelated to the job. Have never seen a manager level interviewer with no respect like this. Got the offer and finally decided to reject.

The offer was low ball

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw the position open on LinkedIn and cold-emailed a design recruiter a cover letter, portfolio, and resume. The recruiter turned out to be the recruiter for that specific position, and she gave me a call the next day.

After an initial phone screen with her, I had a 1hr phone call with the hiring manager. After that we scheduled an onsite for a few weeks later. The onsite was around 4-5 hours long with a break scheduled in between; I had a portfolio presentation to 5 people on the team, then several 30-minute 1:1s with a combination of UX, visual, and researchers. One of the sessions was a whiteboarding exercise in which I had around 30 minutes to work through a design challenge. The final 1:1 was a wrap up with the hiring manager to answer any final questions, and we ended up going 30 minutes over the end time- he was super patient and answered all of my questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you're presenting a design to stakeholders but are getting a lot of negative feedback and pushback on your solution?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Initial HR round with basic past experience questions. Next round with Business partner - Behavioral BA questions. Next round with hiring manager - job fit questions including behavioral.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied on linkedIn. After 3-4 weeks a technical hr contacted me. One Technical phone screen on skype with lead QA. A few technical questions on automation process, testng, java, selenium and REST API and was asked to solve one coding question . In Second round, I was asked to take a hacker rank test which had 3 coding questions. Third round is onsite interview with 4 ( Engg manager, one Architect, lead QA, one developer). I answered almost all questions. Did not do well for test cases for google spread sheet at system level because that was the last question with the Manager and we ran out of time. For 3 weeks I was in contact with the recruiter to know the feed back and gave up. One day I got call from the recruiter saying that they hired internal candidate. I say its neutral experience because, because they did not select me I tried other companies and got 4 better offers than Autodesk.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions in all rounds -
      There is a file. How do you access the file and find the count of each duplicate word in the file.
      Find total count of the occurrence of duplicate integers*/
      Return n fibonacci numbers in an array
      Print pascal triangle for given n rows. Also add code to read/scan n.
      Write test cases for google spread sheet at system level.
      Write sql to find the authors of a book (join 3 tables)
      Reverse Hello World to olleh dlroW
      Find pattern 110000110010100. In this example the pattern is after every 1 there is 100.
      Tell me test cases for billing API for walmart or Amazon. What do you test and what do you not test i.e., out of scope(Do not be fooled by shopping cart to help find what is out of scope). (debit amount from credit card for orders etc, one test case I did not come up with is credit amount to credit card for returns.)
      Run time polymorphism. (I was given code with polymorphism and asked to tell what will be the output).
      Class cast exception (I was given code with polymorphism and asked to tell what will be the output).
      Given String1 = “abdcbsfe”, string2 = “dbas”, outputString = dbbascef. Write code to generate the outputString. Give run time complexity and space complexity for the solution.   Answer Question

Data Analyst (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted approximately a month after submitting my application, and asked to come in for an interview. The two interviewers were friendly and non-agressive, which helped calm my nerves. They encouraged me to use a whiteboard to explain my answers, which also helped. I was asked a full range of questions, none of which were too difficult or tricky.
    I was then contacted via email a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the internet to an elderly person who isn't familiar with it?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

One phone call from the recruiter. Total jerk. His attitude was that I should be very happy they called and that it was for me to prove my worth. He questioned every role I had on my resume, and not out of curiosity, but out of skepticism. There is nothing like being put on trial for a job interview. He basically proved, to me, that I would not want to work at Autodesk.

Interview Questions

• Asked my why I went to business school and ended up in the field I am currently in. Out of choice! Very condescending attitude.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. phone interview
    2. interviewed by the tech team. First by a group of engineers, all come from India except one white american, then by the team manager which also comes from India

Interview Questions

• 1. what is wrong with this sql: select department, count(*) from school
      2. if you are given 3 entities: teach, student class. How do you design the database
      3. What is the difference between Arraylist and LinkedArraylist