Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview process. My interview was by phone. Instead of interviewing with the HR department, you meet the person you would be working under directly should you get an offer.

AutoCAD Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely easy interview process. The first interview was by phone with the specific person you would work underneath. I did not proceed to an in-person interview but received the response to my initial interview in a reasonable time frame.

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was initially contacted via LinkedIn. I had a total of 10 phone interviews and took one project assessment. The assessment was two hours long and involved putting together a quick marketing plan and then presenting it in front of a panel. The interview questions were pretty basic but the process was slow.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter. They had an initial interview, then i had an interview with the hiring manager over the phone. It was during Nov, so it was over 2 months before they could bring me in because they were busy with Autodesk University, and also their offices close for 2 weeks during the holidays. In Jan, I went in for a face to face interview with about 5 people. I also had some additional phone interviews with people that I wasn't able to meet with in person. Finally also had a skype interview with my managers' manager. I got an offer after a couple of days of meeting with the director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complicated, mostly behavioral, and asking about my experience with selling Enterprise software.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager about a month after applying. I then had an interview with the hiring manager and her 2 direct managers. All three interviews were very pleasant and the questions were quite interesting. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince your team to implement the solution you were proposing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in February 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by potential manager a few weeks after applying and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The interview itself was casual, I answered several questions pertaining to the role and experience. After the interview, I was asked to send three writing samples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any journalistic experience or interviewing experience?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview with Autodesk recruiter, straightforward and no trap (tell me about yourself, why this position, shy Autodesk etc.). Then met with three managers in group and individually. The interview process was laid back.

Interview Questions

• What's your strength and weaknesses?
      Asked to pretend to be on the phone to sell a TV (they want you to ask questions to the customer to find pain points and challenges rather than selling the TV)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was first a phone interview to discuss the opportunity with the hiring manager and then another positive interview with someone on his team. I was impressed with the company and enjoyed the discussions with the interviewers.

What really surprised me though was the lack of follow up. I was surprised that I didn't hear back after the interview, one way or another about moving forward with another interview. Three months later I received an email from another Autodesk hiring manager (that the first hiring manager recommended me) for another opportunity. This experience had a much better follow up by the hiring manager/Autodesk but the salary range just wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Looking at the website, how would you market the product better?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter, hiring manager, then six onsite meetings. People were nice, asked a lot of technical questions but seemed to want to know about how I would fit into the team and the company. Shared some of my work onsite, had a chance to meet with one of the VPs. Overall the process was pretty smooth, and none of the questions were too hard. But I did feel like the more senior people were skeptical of someone from the outside who had as much experience as I do, and they seemed kind of threatened

Interview Questions

• How do you approach solving difficult problems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fine

Summer Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Started with a phone screener, applied via linkedin. Standard interview, got a callback which was via skype around 3 weeks later. Spoke to 4 people, including a prior legal intern who is now working full-time there (although this is a rarity). Didn't get the position, but everyone was nice and there was nothing meant to intimidate you.

Interview Questions

• How is your prior legal experience relevant to the internship position at Autodesk?   Answer Question