Autodesk Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Marketing Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard nothing for at least two weeks. Then I was contacted by the university recruiting department at Autodesk to see if I was interested in a different internship in a different department. It turned out to be a better fit than the one I applied for originally so I went with it. The recruiter forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and the hiring manager set up a phone interview the next day. This hiring manager was really approachable and was the person I ended up working with all summer. The whole process took about three weeks, but once the hiring manager contacted me, I had an offer within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What are some social media campaigns for other brands that you admire and why do you admire them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was screened by HR who was nice enough. He explained the positioned was managed by 2 people overseas in a country with an 8 hours time difference, that was the first bad sign. International management situations with cultural differences, recipe for disaster. I was told the phone interview with the internationals would be a case study discussion given to me a few hours before the interview. Another bad sign and telling how these engineer types with poor communication skills think. They didn't even bother to introduce themselves, their role or position the job in a positive way at all. One hour of pandering on hypothetical nonsense. A backwards interviewing culture that has no concept of employer brand or talent management.

Interview Questions

• Where would you find information on companies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The people I interviewed with were smart, enthusiastic and responsive. They did not try any scare tactics or leave me hanging at any point, which is always much appreciated!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Initial phone screening by HR, then phone screening by hiring manager. Then 3 in-person interviews at the job site (included hiring manager). Then 2 additional phone interviews (they wanted to move fast because job req was going to be closed if they didn't hire someone). Nice office in San Francisco on Market St near Ferry Building. While I was waiting in lobby / coffee area, I saw a couple informal meetings taking place on the fly, so seemed like an interactive / energetic atmosphere - a young / hip type culture that you'd expect for San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed pretty standard - i.e. tell me about yourself & experience, and why you think you'd be a good fit for this role. How do you prioritize work & projects? What processes do you follow?   Answer Question

Offer wasn't strong enough to warrant changing jobs and taking on risk of starting at new company in this economy (i.e. first one hired, first one laid off). It would have been more of a lateral move for me -- even though this position would have had one direct report, that also makes the job more risky during a layoff period. I'm glad I didn't accept the job as since this time AutoDesk has had lay offs, and I'm sure its performance has suffered due to the bad economy (industries like the Auto Industry aren't doing well). Also, in talking to former employees, it sounded like the group I was considering joining may have been disfunctional with lots of politics and drama between team members (i.e. the old-school crowd that had been at the company a long time vs the newer generation of employees). Linked In was really helpful in connecting with former employees to get their insights to help me make the decision.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

- 1 interview with the manager I ended up working for. We briefly went over my resume, asked me some typical fit questions and then some more detailed/technical questions about my relevant experience

-Got an offer within 24 hours

Interview Questions

• GENERAL QUESTIONS:
      Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: Tell about your work experience

FIT QUESTIONS:
      Q: Describe a situation in which you experienced a conflict with a superior or colleague, how did you handle the situation and why?
      Q: Describe a situation where you wanted to implement an decision that wasn't popular, how did you go about this and what was the outcome

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS: (Keep in mind this is for a marketing job)
      Q: Do you know how to use Google Analytics (GA)
      Q: Describe projects and the type of work you have done using the data GA
      Q: Have you ever tracked such and such
      Q: What other marketing tools have you used, what are they and what have you done with them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was comfortable, with a personable interviewer who shared plenty of information about the role, the team, the work environment along with personal anecdotes which made the company that much more interesting. They were very honest and upfront about the process, how long it might take, and who to contact if I had any questions, wanted feedback or additional information.

One-to-one interview was challenging but comfortable - lots of thought-provoking questions about my experience and how it related to the role at hand.

All in all the experience was pleasant, and the follow-up feedback was well thought out.