Autodesk Interview Questions in Novi, MI | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. The phone interview asked some basic "about me" questions as well as asked for some basic computer science knowledge (what is a linked list, hash table, etc.). The onsite interview was half a day with different members of the team and covered more advanced topics, including explaining some design patterns and very specific problems to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI).

Interview

Process took a few months.

Met with engineer at school career fair. Got a phone interview where we talked about some general object oriented programming practices (can you explain class inheritance?) and some C++ specifics (talk about memory management in C++).

After the phone interview, they had me come in to the Novi office. Throughout a very pleasant day, I spoke with several engineers and other people on the Inventor team. Each person talked with me about a specific area. One portion was an Object Oriented Design session where we made the outline for the classes we would use in a program and the interviewer added new features as we went on to test how robust my solutions were. Another interview focused on more nitty-gritty C++ trivia and usage (how are smart pointers implemented, why is ++i faster than i++). Another section was your standard data structure interview, but unlike interviews with Microsoft, Amazon, etc. the interviewer was very pleasant and didn't unnecessarily add pressure to the interview. Another portion dealt with group processes, how I've worked with groups, workflows I've experienced, etc. They paid for lunch and I got a chance to talk with a couple of team members and ask them some questions.

Overall, the experience was pleasant. The hiring manager ended up saying that the team held me in high regard, but business necessities pushed them to cut the funding they would have needed for my position.

Interview Questions

• Why can ++i be faster than i++?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Waiting reply for 1 month from application. Preparing phone interview for less than 1 week. And about 1 week later you will get the result. Then your work may start in a month. This is just the situation of summer intern in Novi. Most intern students are from University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Some intern from other states need find house themselves.

Interview Questions

• No hard question in my interview, the interviewer is very nice and he may be your partner or supervisor when you get offer.   Answer Question