Autodesk Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and a few other people.
Quite straightforward :
- tell me about your experience
- why Autodesk
etc ....

Negotiation

No negotiation really - they weren't willing to budge.

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Autodesk bought my contract and arranged an interview to meet with management of division.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was shocked at what they required from contract employees. I had to get an insurance policy and they were inflexible with billing/payment options.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Submitted my resume and work samples through their online job application. Received an email from an Autodesk recruiter a month later.

The recruiter arranged a phone interview with me and was very accommodating to my schedule. We spent half an hour having a friendly conversation on the phone. We discussed the product and ways to improve it. She asked specific questions that clarified the role and experience level. I didn't do too well on these questions since I don't have much experience in product management.

By the end of our chat it was clear I was not qualified for the job, but she was still interested in my background and asked if she could forward my information to another department that was looking for someone with my background.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience estimating and managing a project budget? If so, can you describe how you managed a project's cost?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. I dealt with an HR recruiter. After a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manger, I did have a half day of interviews with various team members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i had heard that autodesk does not pay a competitive salary from several current as well as ex-employees, so i did go into the interview process with my eyes open on that. they severely low-balled me on the first round, but eventually we got a little closer to my target salary. unfortunately, i was told that they no longer offered RSUs at my "grade level." this was actually a main sore spot for me as i have worked in tech for well over a decade now and stock is usually part of the compensation package. two of my other top choices did offer RSUs as part of their package, but i was really excited about autodesk as a company so i went ahead and accepted the offer anyways.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

- Applied on the company site
    - HR got to me after 1-2 months due to christmas and new year's. She put me through to Sr, Product Manager
    - 30 min phone interview with Sr PM. He put me through to Director of Product Management
    - Director of PM had a 15 min chat. Seemed they were looking for a more experienced person and had already made a decision regd me and just wanted to check if I had the experience the required.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. General Product Management questions.
      What does Product Management mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your current role ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company ?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The usual HR phone scanning process followed by a long day of interviews (6 hours) with all of the key managers from: HR, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering and the VP (at least a half dozen people).

Interview Questions

• Was asked numerous times, by various interviewers, how I dealt with "difficult people" which raised a red flag in my mind... made me wonder what was wrong with this place...?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

applied on autodesk careers site
    after 10 day silence and 5 after deadline, I pinged VP of position I was applying for by email, seemed to get the ball rolling
    telephone interview with hiring manager in USA
    1:1 interview with peer to be in local office
    eurostar interview with senior sales manager
    telephone interview with SVP in USA
    flew to US for a day of interviews with peers and senior staff in product division, was told I had the job on the way to the airport home. Written offer arrived a few days later.
    Interview process took 2 weeks after initial response.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember difficult or obtuse questions, I felt the entire process was objective, if exhausting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, autodesk didn't budge on anything I asked for except possibility to be home based. That was on offer from first moment though. Provision for home office budget has been good.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly but somewhat obscure as to what the ideal profile should be, varied a lot from interviewer to interviewer. Never got an answer, I assumed I did not fulfill expectations as HR rep never got back to me. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the hardest challenges in the role?   Answer Question