Autodesk Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate recruiter who found my resume on job board. I had 3 phone interviews with them - with recruiter, with PMO person and with the hiring manager/director level. Next step was to be invited for the on-site interview, but I didn't make it. Overall I liked the experience. PMO manager left the best impression on me - asking quiet meaningful questions as opposed to how do you calculate the critical path... her questions were more situational and were testing my common sense. I would definitely love to work with someone like her. Hiring manager was sharp and smart, but little too chatty - which tricked me in being rather chatty as well - MISTAKE. Ended up producing very blurry answer to rather simple question and I think that killed it for me. however, I liked the experience and the people and would love to try to get interviews at Autodesk again. Questions asked were quiet general: describe experience on the projects, followed up by situational questions: how did you deal with ........those are not necessarily difficult questions but it is rather hard to foresee what might be asked and harder to prepare concise answer.. so you will have to be ready to improvise but still keep it short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• not very difficult but the one I remember: how do you motivate team members since they don't report to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Hired through an agency; very fast process (all done within a week). Three people were interviewing me. Questions were rather typical for this role. They asked for a sample of work (which is not very typical for this type of position).

Interview Questions

• Nothing really surprising; typical past experience questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Rate agreed upon with the contracting agency.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was long but worth it. It helps ensure they are hiring the best people. Once the interviews started, they were quick and efficient. Everyone I met with was prepared and took time to answer the questions I had. There were a mix of phone and face to face interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple of days later was contacted by a recruiter. I had a call with the hiring manager and was then brought on site for half day of interviews with various members of the team. They initiated a background check, but 2 days into it I was informed they had decided to go with another individual, who was more experienced than me.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I had two levels of face to face interviews, first with the hiring manager and the with his manager. Most of the questions asked were open ended questions like "Can you give me an example where you solved a difficult problem", "How do you communicate with your peers" etc... They also gave me a very good overview of the job, organization, direction, problems to solve etc... Very friendly atmosphere and we had good conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your latest argument with someone and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer and accepted it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Telephonic Interview to know more about the candidate, his/her background, educational qualification. What are the programming skills, any domain expertise etc are checked. Then HR interview to find out personality traits etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the mobile apps you have developed so far?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mel (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (Mel (Italy)) in March 2013.

Interview

Managers don't have a clue, they use title as a way to intimidate, very internally focussed, could not answer my basic questions, interviewers has no understanding o the vision of the company