Autodesk Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then 2 separate technical phone screens related to algorithms and Selenium. Then invited online interview which was totally biased from the beginning of the interview because of nationality/etnicity discrimination. Engineering here is run by these kinds of people.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen with a coding exercise for 45 min to an hour then followed by an onsite.I was very disappointed by the interviewer as he seem to have a ego problem as i already knew the answer in advance for his problem.. Its unfortunate that such egoistic interviewers are hurdle in getting your job.

Interview Questions

• Detecting if the linked list is circular.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was usual. BUT Very disappointing onsite.

- Interviewers remotely located (1 of them was courteous enough to explain why he was remote, other one did Not bother even introducing)
    - Unprofessional and extremely rude over the phone
    - After solving the coding problem (on a shabby online tool which had major page loading issues) I was instructed to write tests.
    - Halfway through the tests I was commanded to go back & rewrite the entire code as she did Not like the brute-force approach.

- Clear sign of inexperience and immaturity. Hiring decision clearly biased as other rounds went smoothly.

- Hiring manager was a nice guy. Though clear signs of lack of experience in hiring people.

Advice to management:
    - Interview panel speaks a lot about your team/company. Select them and use feedback wisely.

Interview Questions

• - Merge 2 sorted lists
      - reverse words in a sentence: hello world --> world hello
      - write sql query to join two tables
      - write method to return the extra character between two strings that contain rest of the same characters. Ex: abcd, acedb should output 'e'
      - design a cache
      - what algorithm will u use for a file crawler
      - basic unix commands, java, OO questions   Answer Question

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial screening by contract recruiter via phone, very lengthy explanation of position, compensation options, and technical questions. Secondary phone conversation with hiring manager was very pleasant. Follow-up screen and on-site arrangements by local staff recruiter was a little bit fuzzy around the edges.

On-site interview was rotating individuals in 30--45 minute chunks. Interviewers varied between congenial and prepared and the opposite of each of those. Interviews largely trivia-based and very little opportunity to demonstrate technical capability via whiteboard/code analysis, etc. Zero minority representation in interviewers.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Despite my respect for this company, I had a very bad experience with an unorganized senior recruiter. We had scheduled a 30 minute phone call at the beginning of the week. The time rolled around and I received no call, so I emailed her and she said she actually had me scheduled for a call four days later. I figured this was just a one-time weird mistake, but then when the time rolled around for her to call me, she failed to do so AGAIN.

We finally touched based and she apologized saying that my name was similar to another candidate's. I worked at a fairly well-known unicorn in the on-demand space, which she had never heard of. After explaining my company's business model, she later asked me why I wanted to transition to a software company, to which I replied that I was already working in the software industry (this was indicated by my resume's language, as well). She also clearly didn't read my resume carefully, and asked why I had only worked at my company for 3 months, to which I replied that I was in my newly promoted position for that time period but had worked for 1+ year there.

And then, even more strange, I explained my previous work creating data visualizations/dashboarding, and then she asked me "what does that have to do with this role? This role will be pulling data using SQL and outputting into Excel". Uhhh...what? This was a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE role, SQL/Excel are obvious basic tools used in dashboarding, and it clearly seemed like there was a bizarre disconnect between the job and what she thought the job duties would entail. I don't think this recruiter reflects the team or the company, but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I ended up getting an offer somewhere else and withdrawing altogether. I'd highly recommend Autodesk send candidates surveys to provide feedback on their experiences in the application process, since this was probably one of the worst interview experiences I've had.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, and i really liked the videos of "Day in Life" to get a sense of what the company is about. Quick and responsive from the recruiter - never felt like the recruiter misrepresented the team or culture. Very easy to deal with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions about your past experiences. Nothing was ever a test that you felt on the spot. I felt that they interview for cultural fit first then experience in your job.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online and got an email from the recruiter 6 weeks later. I responded with available times for the call, not hearing confirmation from her, she called the next day which surprised me. We did a 30 min phone screen and said she would pass along my CV to the hiring manager. 2 weeks later, I was scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager for 3 pm. At 3:15 I reached out to the recruiter who said it was scheduled for 4 pm. (although I had confirmed 3 pm days earlier) then 3 weeks later I was called in for an onsite interview. By this point I was over the role but wanted to see this 3 month interview catastrophe to an end. A third recruiter reached out to offer available onsite interview windows, I selected the 1-5pm option and was confirmed for an interview for 12-4 the day prior to the one originally offered. I arrived for my interview at 12, and sat in the reception area for 22 minutes waiting to be seen. Additionally, I was asked to bring my own laptop in order to participate in Lync web video calls with 2 interviewers not onsite. Lync failed (too echoey) so I had to use my personal cell phone to call the offsite interviewers from an Autodesk conference room. (Furthermore, the recruiter called me 2 days prior to my onsite interview and left a voicemail thanking me for coming onsite for the interview!)

By far the worst, disorganized interview process I've ever gone though.

Interview Questions

• Give me an elevator pitch of yourself; describe yourself in 3 words; on the spectrum of conflict, do you meet it head-on or avoid it; how do you get yourself up-to-speed for a role in 30 days if your manager is MIA?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst (Systems) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen by HR, followed by two phone interviews with team members. Final rounds were 5 back-to-back interviews on campus. I was contacted and told that I did well, but that they were going to give preference to an internal candidate. I didn't want to wait for that process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional way of handling candidate.. not even respecting candidate's time. Never expected such an experience with one of the leading company... Too bad
    Interview did not happen as per the schedule.. No proper communication on the plan of conducting interviews..
    Would request HR to review the interview process so that no one should face similar problem as mine.

Interview Questions

• 1.Designing grep command for log file. Since he is working on text search area and he is a excepting same as Autodesk implemented .
      .   Answer Question
    • 2. Computing distance between to shapes [OOA design ] and code ? for shapes are circle, Square, Rectangle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Simple Process. Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, had a skype interview, then an onsite, and then last call with director. Recruiter contacted in the evening with the offer details. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

More about offer details: I've more then 2 years of professional experience, so I was expecting more salary then what I was getting in my previous company. But the offer was awful and I felt insulted. Firstly, the base salary was less then what I was getting in my previous company, secondly I didn't get any RSU's, and sign-on bonus was non-existent. I was also told that there is little to no bonus structure as well. I didn't know how to even start negotiating my offer as well but when I tried, I was straight away said no, and hence I declined the offer. It was completely awful experience!

Interview Questions

• 1. Pretty standard algorithmic questions.
      2. They read your resume really well. So make sure that whatever you write, you know the stuff really well   Answer Question