Autodesk Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a coding exercise for 45 min to an hour then followed by an onsite.I was very disappointed by the interviewer as he seem to have a ego problem as i already knew the answer in advance for his problem.. Its unfortunate that such egoistic interviewers are hurdle in getting your job.

Interview Questions

• Detecting if the linked list is circular.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There is no formal interview process guideline. It depends on the group you are interviewing with. If there is no one in the group who is an expert on the subject you are interviewing for, there won't be anyone to ask you questions about it. You would not get an interviewer who knows about the subject from another group. The hardness of your interview is dependent on who is on your group.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very straight forward questions about the front end frameworks. What is the difference between a component and a service?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

1.Questions were being asked in order to show that the one who was interviewing knows more. Every valid answer ( not the one interviewer wanted to hear) was sarcastically being turned down.

2. Interviewer were laughing after asking me to take a look at question. They passed smirks and maintained it during entire interview.

3. Interviewers looked like they entered with intention to not hire .

4. From an entire code on the board, software architect found issue with use of this.var instead of this->var like it is the biggest issue in programming.( I guess they have never used languages like Java, and only used one language C++).

5. No questions from DS, Algo,Design,Prototyping for a senior position. Rather they were concerned with constructors only. I could later find they quickly referred some IBM questions and pasted as is in last moment.

Such kind of environment can only demotivate and kill your energy during interview. If this is the work culture there,i would not recommend anyone to apply there.

Interview Questions

• some textbooks , corner case questions which you should have seen to know.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very good experience. Interviewer tried to evaluate through different scenarios. Loved it.
    The process was focussed on different areas. Especially, it was mostly like proving what you have written about yourself in Resume.

Interview Questions

• Easy question, Create a Form to user enter some details.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in February 2018.

Interview

It started with a phone call and going over the cv, then personal interview with tech question with the team leader and someone else from the team, home exercise (although I heard not everyone get it as they have trouble requiting and trying to just take anyone that accept), and finally there was an HR interview with someone truly unpleasant, but she really tried.

Interview Questions

• Tech questions for mobile were a joke, it looks like the team lead has no tech background what so ever. The HR person had normal personal questions about the CV, personal life, military, personal status, etc. Some of them are illegal to ask but what can you do   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first two meetings are two interviewer, and all I got four round meetings in four hours, and I Just writing code and ideas on blackboard more than 3 hours

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk in October 2009.

Interview

They were quite professional in the way whole interview was conducted. There were different group - I guess each group was comprised of people of a particular skills set. Questions were quite to-the-point instead of being theoretical - call it situational question, the ones that arise out of discussion.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in November 2010.

Interview

phone interview and 4 rounds of 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Windows memory management theory   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds of technical interview followed by HR interview

Negotiation

Yes. About Organization, growth etc

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Had a 15-minute initial phone interview - asked questions about my experience/qualifications and why I applied to that position
    Next day I got a call for a in-person technical interview in Toronto downtown. Everyone was very welcoming and polite. Asked questions about my resume and on conflict/decision making questions

Interview Questions

• If you were a dragon stranded on an island that only has a certain population of sheep for you to feed on, how would you plan your appetite to sustain yourself.   1 Answer