Autodesk Senior User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autodesk Senior User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I've got contact from a recruiter through linkedin, and had a phone screening interview. It was quick, and she scheduled another phone interview with hiring manager next day. The interview with hiring manager went well, and right after the interview, he sent email to schedule onsite interview. During the onsite interview, mostly the questions about creative thinking and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell if you need to explain your interface design to the new beginner user or any person on the street?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Autodesk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process took over 2 months. A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Did a phone screening interview with the recruiter and a phone interview with the UX director a week later.
    I had a in person interview with 6 people from Project Mangers, other UX Designers, ux researchers.. basically everyone who you will be working with. The questions are mostly about your design process, and how you would handle different situations.

After the interview, you are required to do portfolio presentation for everyone who you interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this project more fun and engaging?
      Do you have any research background?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I was introduced to autodesk through an employee referral, I immediately got a call the next day from the HR and was asked to meet the Hiring Manager the same day. I was quite puzzled and managed to talk to the Manager about my past experience,portfolio,what i love to do and other stuff. He was quite Ok and said to me that they will send me a task and I need to send a solution within 5 days.

I worked on the task and have sent the Wireframes,Visual Designs and Prototype of the Application. Later after 5 days the Hr got back to me and arranged a task review round with one of the Lead User experience designer. This review meeting was pidy cool and the lead was very sensible and chilled out..He appreciated my Visual designs though and said the Hr will get back to me. Then later i had a round with the Lead Product Manager and after that with the final HR where most of the questions were asked and was very cool though. There was a long waiting period to receive the offer letter and finally it took around 50 days of time frm the day i got the first call to receive an offer. Be Patient Guys...!

Interview Questions

• What if you have given the complete prototypes and mockups for the product and Engg has got back to you 3 days before release saying this particular feature cant be implemented and it takes a lot of time. According to usability stand point that had a major impact. How would you manage to communicate the situation to Engg or get this change across.?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much..they asked me what are my expectations and I told them and they gave me the same..