Autodesk Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process takes 2 weeks, the first round is a phone interview, just talking about your background, next round is on site interview with three managers, they will let you introduce your projects, let you write a piece of code and discuss with these problems. The problems are not very difficult, if you have a good knowledge of C++, they will be quite easy.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Smooth. the interviewer was very nice, questions were basically about my personal projects and educational background. The interviewer also introduced a lot about Autodesk Canada. Salary and other info was also included during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you monitor the temperature of different spots in a building   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Three sets of interviews with different levels of co-workers. There were interviews on-site, and in telepresence with higher up managers. The job was described in detail and the new nature of the role and customer facing aspect was emphasized. Brainstorming around the role and goals for the team took place with authentic exploration.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer service experience in which we were clearly at fault and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed CV and brief introduction to HR. HR forwarded to research head and we coordinated a skype interview for a week later. The interview consisted of various technical questions and software development concepts. After this interview a second with members of the team was organised. This second interview was more personal and asked questions about my past projects and school involvement. The questions were all from my linkedIn profile and/or CV.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: What is the benefit of object oriented programming? What is Polymorphism? Why would one class Inherit another? and a few others along these lines...   1 Answer
    • What was your most challenging project? What areas of research are you interested in? Tell me about....   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. It is all rigid and based on number of previous jobs & year of study.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Had a 15-minute initial phone interview - asked questions about my experience/qualifications and why I applied to that position
    Next day I got a call for a in-person technical interview in Toronto downtown. Everyone was very welcoming and polite. Asked questions about my resume and on conflict/decision making questions

Interview Questions

• If you were a dragon stranded on an island that only has a certain population of sheep for you to feed on, how would you plan your appetite to sustain yourself.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Mobile Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very nice and energetic interviewer. Talked a little about Autodesk and what they do. Reviewed my work experience. Asked some basic android related questions as a screening mechanism. Described the position and who I would be working with and gave time for me to ask several questions.

Interview Questions

• Several of the new projects that autodesk is undertaking surprised me as I did not know they were in that field of study. There was no particular questions that stumped me of made me feel I was not able to do the position   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter called couple of days. The first technical interview was set in a week's time but the manager had to leave in half an hour and the rest of the interview got postponed. The next time the interview was set the manager never called and it wasted my day. Next interview date was set the hiring manager called and started with lot of development questions.It started on the wrong foot when the interviewer asked me what i do and what is the position i had applied for. Clearly the guy did not know whom he was talking to and what position he was interviewing for. At the end i knew i did not make it because most of the questions were not relevant to the job description.

Interview Questions

• What is windowing functions?   Answer Question
    • How would you write a query to page out results from a large select statement   Answer Question
    • What is CTE , what is the main advantage of CTE over temp tables   Answer Question
    • What is the advantage of using FileStream over binary data type   Answer Question