Autoliv Algorithm Developer for Radars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI).

Interview

There were two managers for the first round of interview. They told me I was interviewed for two roles. There were no tough questions, everything was regarding my resume.
Then there was a second round, in which a senior engineer asking me some technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Autoliv

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv. Interview was at 9.00am, they were punctual. First the hiring manager and another engineer came for the technical round.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autoliv (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR asked me questions. And then another HR asked me questions. And then I was asked some technical questions. Then I answered carefully and HR seems very happy. I am very happy as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Lowell, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR to schedule about the interview. HR was too slow, kept lot of emails and finally scheduled a interview. Doesn't said anything about the position, whether it was FPGA, C++, Design roles. She told she doesn't have anything information and said it was on SPICE simulations. on the day of interview, I got call to reschedule my interview to some other time as they are having lot of meetings. I lost a day at my work, the HR took 50mins time explaining all about the company. Study a lot about the company, their products. Then the person from the team came and took me to the cubicle. He started from basics to extreme electronics. It can be cracked if you are in your bachelors but when you are working towards special specialization then it will be difficult. The person is amazing but the HR is not great.

Interview Questions

• RC (Low Pass Filter), Diode, Amplifiers, Inverting Op-amp (related to gain, something like 1), techniques to avoid peaks in the graph, Connecting different parts in the lab, CMOS resistances, ADC   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Autoliv (Lowell, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR and fixed an appointment with Hiring Managers. Interview went well and was pretty good. Asked couples of questions on Op-Amp, Amplifiers, Rectifiers,etc. Been prepared with your basics and hiring managers love candidates to ask them questions about company or what they are currently working on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autoliv.

Interview

Brought into the facility with HR and my potential manager and was then asked basic questions about my resume and past work experience. Manager then showed me around the facility including potential workspaces. Afterward I was told that I would receive a call if they were interested in taking me on as an intern.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Total two rounds of interview. First round is with HR. And second round is technical and is with Team Manager. Second round it on ground. Total interview process took around two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Went through my resume and basic programming questions   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autoliv (Lowell, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

You are directed towards a room that has no people in it. Just some chairs and a phone. I arrived 10 minutes early for the interview, called the secretary and waited 10 minutes. I then called an additional 5 times and waited 40 minutes for her to finally come out to begin the interview. I met with the director, some engineers and another manager. The interview went generally well I thought and I later confirmed with the recruiter, that they also enjoyed the interview. But it turned out to be a phishing trip. It's been almost 2 months now since that interview. They still have not hired for that position and repeatedly tell my recruiter that they haven't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Watch out for that HR/secretary. Although she was apologetic for leaving me stranded in the waiting room, I suspect it was part of the interview. Just after I was rescued from exile, she put me in a room and started filling out some sort of procedural paperwork. Even after we had exchanged pleasantries in the waiting room and we were using each others names..she asked me what my name was. I repeated it. 5 times she asked me to repeat my name. My name is a simple English name..never have I had so much trouble conveying it to someone. I suspect she was deliberately trying to stress me out to figure out how I respond to obstinate people??? <shrug> I am operating on the theory that nobody is actually that dumb.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked a lot about my hands-on activities as a prior lead and/or manager. In todays market you have to straddle the line a bit between developer and manager. You have to be part architect, arrange and referee code reviews, know about regulated markets, etc..   1 Answer
    • A lot of questions about how you solved workflow issues. This is a growing company operating in a regulated market space. They are experiencing a lot of fast-growth and communication issues as they transition from start-up to large company. If you've been leading/managing for any number of years you should have good experience in transitional companies like this.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tremonton, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autoliv (Tremonton, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was nice and balanced, although I interviewed for a different job than the one that the offered to me. Very simple straight to the point interview. Took a tour of the area I interviewed for and ended up in a different area.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autoliv (Southfield, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was VERY disorganized, and the end result was confusing and bizarre. At both face-to-face interviews I was made to wait over 1/2 hour. The actual interviews went very well with positive exchanges of questions, ideas and feedback. HR was initially unresponsive and then annoyed when company policy questions were asked. Great offer was made and then rescinded without explanation.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions were asked of me along with history of experience. I in-turn asked my own technical questions and questions about the company in general.   1 Answer