Automobile Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Automobile Association Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Automobile Association (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

First interview with the technical leader and the manager. The technical leader took the day off and the manager had forgotten about the interview. In this occasion, the manager asked just few questions about my experience. The second interview by Skype was with the technical leader. Lots of questions about SCRUM, XP, software architecture, OOP, TDD, BDD. Pointless, because none of those things were being used by the team. After all the red flags that I received (including Glassdoor review) I should had refused the offer. Huge waste of time.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Automobile Association (Oldbury, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Face to Face interview with one person asking questions and another writing answers.
    After filling out some forms your fill out a 'personality' questionnaire. The statements are like " I have pride in doing a good job" and you pick " a lot like me/ quite like me/ not like me". The interviewer asks some questions about your Cv regarding similar experience then goes to the questionnaire. For each one they read statement, read your choice then ask " why did you pick that" . Once you've answered they ask how it makes your feel- for every question. Worst interview structure iv seen.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any call centre and sales experience   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Automobile Association (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The entire process was very poor and felt rather unprofessional. On the day I was interviewed by someone completely different to the person I was supposed to meet. The interview started late and although the interviewer was nice it felt as though she was really under prepared and wasn't even familiar with the job spec. In fact I asked about the products it said the role would be responsible for and she said it wasn't correct and the responsibilities of the role appeared to be much slimmer.

Despite having prepared for the interview none of the questions around the company and where it was heading were asked. Obviously I had also prepared to discuss products which apparently the role wasn't even going to be responsible for. Ultimately I wasn't happy with the way I performed but it was largely due to the combination of everything above.

I left knowing the role/company wasn't for me and wasn't disappointed when I wasn't asked back for a second interview. They also admitted they had two candidates that had already had their second interview that they were considering so I would have had to pull something special out the bag to get this role. I did ask for feedback but wasn't surprised when nothing came back.

Overall a really disappointing experience - I would have expected much more from a large firm such as the AA.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very much focused on how you go about developing a product.   Answer Question

Head of Complaints Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Automobile Association (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard. First interview with HR and the CEO. Was an introductory meeting with some competency based questions and lasted an hour and a half.

Update received abut three days later, really positive feedback. Was told that the second stage would be online testing (situational judgement and emotional intelligence) and I'd have it emailed to me by a certain date.

The tests didn't arrive on time and, when they did, there were five tests (not two as agreed). No major issue as the additional tests were verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and maths; which are quite normal.

Third interview booked in once the AA had reviewed the test results. This stage was a presentation followed by a competency interview. This was around two weeks after my first interview.

Presentation took place three weeks to the day after my first interview. After the Q&A at the end, the AA said "we've only got one more internal candidate to see, which is something of a formality, but they are away for two weeks on holiday. We'll keep in touch to update you throughout but very well done; we'll see you soon."

As such I was very positive about the potential outcome.

I was provided the SJ/EI reports, which was useful (although this took a lot of chasing). I was told the tests were fine, with verbal reasoning "off the chart" but didn't get any response when I asked for copies of the results.

After four more weeks of no updates and the recruiter saying "I've spoken to them and you're still top of the pile" I found out they were seeing other candidates. After five weeks I got told that they had received a late application from someone more senior than "head of" level from another business who had more experience than me.

That's fine. As an employer myself you will always do what's best for the business. If they had someone with more experience who was a better fit, then of course they should take that person. They shouldn't treat other people like they don't exist, though, and I jeopardised my current role waiting for them

However, communication was appalling. I was given dates to expect things which then didn't happen, and if I hadn't chased constantly I might still be wondering what the outcome was(!) while someone else was under offer.

It took three weeks for me to complete three stages, including a presentation. It then took the AA six weeks to give me any kind of update, having promised me it would be two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest challenges facing businesses, in an ever changing regulatory landscape, and how do businesses remain relevant and effective?   Answer Question

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Automobile Association (Basingstoke, England (UK)).

Interview

Screening telephone interview with HR Talent Acquisition Manager followed by an onsite competency based interview with the Audit department lasting an hour. Having successfully progressed to the final stage, next was a two hour interview consisting of a 15 minute presentation (any topic which was non work related and needed to be interactive), 45 minute case study and additional (some duplicated) competency questions.
    People I met were pleasant but communication subsequent to the interviews was very poor. Despite investing significant time to prepare and attend the interviews I was never informed of the outcome or provided feedback. I called and emailed but HR Talent Acquisition Manager didn't reply and ignored all forms of communication. Given the strategy of the business is to focus on customers (as the company is on its knees financially) the service provided in this instance was poor and potentially indicative of the company culture. Good luck to the AA - I'll be going to the RAC or Green Flag in future.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the AA? When have you faced a difficult client and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Automobile Association in March 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a telephone interview then was invited to attend an assessment day involving computer tests (easy) then call listening and a interview no compentcy based questions was then called day after to offer job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Automobile Association.

Interview

Initial telephonic interview mostly overview of CV and current project. then Technical Test on required techonolofy. Followed by technical discussion with tech lead and manager and 1-1 with head of IT. and finally HR Round

Interview Questions

• oracle techonology specific qsts   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Automobile Association (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a face to face interview via an automated email which seemed very impersonal. I was asked to fill in a mountain of paperwork including a DBS check and credit check to bring to the interview. I attended the interview at their offices in Basingstoke and everyone I met was really lovely. I seemed to have a really good rapport with the interview panel although I was a little surprised that the Head of Recruitment showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt.
    I interviewed on a Friday and was told that I would have an outcome by the following Friday. I didn't hear anything Friday or Monday morning so I emailed the HR contact that set up the interview to see if a decision had been made. I was told that my profile was still active and that they had a high volume of applicants and that a decision had not yet been made. I've never heard back from them.
    I used to be an AA customer but will never be one in the future if this is how they treat people.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Automobile Association (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application, a phone call screening process, then an interview offer. The interview was with two managers, prior to the interview you are asked to rate and number of statements in how much they are like you. During the interview you are asked to explain your answer and give an example

Interview Questions

• Do you like to receive recognition for something you have done?   Answer Question

Talent Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Automobile Association in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a role at the time I didn't realise that it was a Recruitment Agency that the AA trusted to run their campaign for them. We arranged a telephone interview which started about 15 minutes late and I must say it was the worst and most aggressive telephone interview I have ever attended. I think the AA should think twice about hiring agencies to do their first round screening. I made my excuses and terminated the call. The caller couldn't describe the AA strategic goals and it was just a complete nightmare.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions only an annoyed Recruiter who clearly doesn't understand the organisation.   Answer Question