Autotrader Advertising Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autotrader Advertising Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interviews were initiated by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. From there I was sent to a hotel to meet with the District Sales Manager. Final interview was on the phone with the Regional Sales Director. Offer came from the recruiter a few days later. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cox Automotive?   2 Answers
  • Name a time you failed and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Autotrader

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Their was one phone interview with their own recruiter. He asked varied questions- all preparing me for the two face to face interviews with District Sales Managers. They always travel in two's.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a stubborn customer that doesn't want to give you the time of day   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 phone interviews, and 2 face to face interviews. The first phone interview was to see if they wanted to move me on in the process. The next 2 were with various managers and were to see if I had the experience they were looking for. The 2 face to face were normal, definitely not stressful compared to some others I have been on. I made it to the final 3 candidates , but was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, nothing unexpected or tricky. The interviews were very straightforward.   Answer Question

Advertising Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online through a job website, next was a phone interview with recruiter. About two weeks later spoke to the district manager on the phone. Then had an in person interview with district manager and regional manager. Received a call from recruiter about a week after that providing more details about the job, had to provide further background information as well. About a week after that I got the call that they wanted to hire me. Overall the process took approximately 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you foresee with this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I felt that the offer was fair and I figured I can always negotiate in the future once I get a feel for things.

Advertising Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I applied online and the employee also wrote a letter of recommendation. I did two phone interviews and a face to face interview. Overall it took about one month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not meet your goals and why? How did your boss handle the situation and what was done to make sure it didn't happen again?   Answer Question

Advertising Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty typical. Usually entails 1- 2 telephone interviews (likely with Talent Acquisition then Hiring Manager), 1-2 in-person interviews (with hiring manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist); background check. Because this is a national/corporate company, everything is "by the books" and that is a good description of the culture as well.

Interview Questions

• Might ask you to recall a time when you told someone one thing then told another person differently   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate. Have a set base pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autotrader (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. From the time of my first phone interview until the time I was given a start date, it was about three months.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Was smooth since I was recruited, good people. Mostly a meet and greet with the DSM and the corporate recruiter that had had success with personnel with my sales advertising background.

Advertising Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autotrader in June 2011.

Interview

Three in person interviews with layers of managers a phone screen and a background check led me through a simple and effective interview process. After that I had to take a drug screen, and then ultimately provide a copy of my diploma.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Tampa, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Mine was Brutal. 2 phones, then a flight to Miami for interview. Then one more phone.

Interview Questions

• How much money do dealerships spend a month in advertising   Answer Question