Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the software engineer in test position that was needed to be filled quickly. They then asked initial skills screening questions, then a phone call was set up between an outside technical screening company, then an in-person interview with a panel.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was with the hiring manager, via phone. The last step was the Panel interview. Very situational- know your stories and the results you achieved.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage change? Motivate employees? Understand Client needs/solve problems?   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation.
    The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to overcome an objective   1 Answer

Consumer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to know the "STAR" method to be able to pass the interview successfully. You have to be ready to say yes to any shift. You will have no PROBLEM or vacation time.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just have to answer the questions honestly. Dress to impress. Be relaxed, don't be nervous...this helps them to gage how you will be on the phone. Be sure to smile and keep direct eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Sales Representative.   1 Answer

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then if you passed that, you would have a panel interview. This involved using the STAR method plus a presentation. I do not believe the presentation piece is being used.

Interview Questions

• How do you like collaborating with other people? How have you overcome challenges when collaboration with other people?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in-person interview that was mostly a behavioral interview where they reviewed the resume and your skills. They called back within 2 weeks to inform of decision.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Graphics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. The questions were strait forward and the job was explained to me in detail. They answered my questions about the culture, qualifications, and promotions honestly.

Interview Questions

• what was my over experience with the graphic software they are using?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter through my school. Asked a few questions and then weeks later a position opened up. Set up an in person STAR interview. Asked some expected questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and after describing some projects "What did you learn?" Then began to ask personality questions "What do you do for fun?" to try and see if they would enjoy working with you. It was very professional and rather quick, maybe 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• The personality questions. I was told it was a STAR interview so I had an idea of what I was going to say about my resume, but didn't expect these. So I just talked about what I enjoy and who I am.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because it was an internship.