Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then if you passed that, you would have a panel interview. This involved using the STAR method plus a presentation. I do not believe the presentation piece is being used.

Interview Questions

• How do you like collaborating with other people? How have you overcome challenges when collaboration with other people?   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the software engineer in test position that was needed to be filled quickly. They then asked initial skills screening questions, then a phone call was set up between an outside technical screening company, then an in-person interview with a panel.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

*3-5 interviews (phone interview, group interview, in person interview)
    *very in depth interview
    *be prepared to explain what the company and department does
    *be familiar with the website and current media efforts
    *must be prepared to discuss education, work experience and goals for the future
    *must be prepared to answer scenario questions
    *must be prepared to give a plan for how you would help department on the spot
    *be prepared with relevant questions

Interview Questions

• What relevant job experience do you have for this position and how do you think your education will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate...$17 for an internship is great!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Several different interviews all in one day. Spent roughly an hour with each manager and interviewed with 3 different managers. The difficult aspect was staying focused throughout the entire process, as most of the questions between the different interviewers were very similar if not identical. They are looking for a common thread with your answers, something to show them you are focused on the business outcome.

Interview Questions

• Was given specific scenarios and asked how I would approach those moving forward   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Was promoted from the position of Operations Manager. Worked in the company 10 years and progresses up through the corporation over that period of time. Applioed for positions and interviewed with the hiring managers of each department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Three level min. on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your prior position or boss?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base is set but good room to advance

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in June 2008.

Interview

This was more an informational interview with no specific position in mind. I spoke to several managers, a director, and some of the executive staff.
    The managers were very forthcoming and open. I think the director felt a little threatened by me and/or was not clear on why is was talking to me. 2 of the executives were very open, but one had pretty much a "show me" attitude which was almost hostile.
    In the end we did not move forward and I was not terribly disappointed.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was with the hiring manager, via phone. The last step was the Panel interview. Very situational- know your stories and the results you achieved.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage change? Motivate employees? Understand Client needs/solve problems?   Answer Question

Graphics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. The questions were strait forward and the job was explained to me in detail. They answered my questions about the culture, qualifications, and promotions honestly.

Interview Questions

• what was my over experience with the graphic software they are using?   Answer Question