Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had applied online for a training position and never received any news. I later had a former employee of AT sumbit my resume and received a call from HR the next day saying that they were very interested in interviewing me. The HR person told me the hiring salary range for my experience and asked me if I was interested before setting up the interview. A day before the interview I received a phone call from HR again saying that the salary range she told me ended up being much higher than the manager would make an offer for and they wanted to know if I was still willing to proceed with the interview. I interviewed the next day with 2 different managers...they used a script and took turns reading questions to me. Since this was a training position, I asked them if the other trainers were using Captivate to create their e-learnings and/or develop their training content. They told me that they and their staff were just learning that software and that was a goal for their department. I brought along my laptop and showed them several samples of presentations that I had developed, as well as, giving them a copy of a CD with other examples of my work. The manager told me that she would follow up with me in a week. I sent a follow up email to thank both interviewing managers for their time and I never heard back. I had to contact HR myself to find out that they decided to hire internally.

Interview Questions

• What was one experience that you had where it turned out to be a positive learning experience for yourself?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc.

The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a staffing agency. They set up a phone interview with the manager and another team member. The questions were very basic about what type of work was I currently doing. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult for me since I knew how to communicate what I do   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiting agency had already establishe a pay rate

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation.
    The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to overcome an objective   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just have to answer the questions honestly. Dress to impress. Be relaxed, don't be nervous...this helps them to gage how you will be on the phone. Be sure to smile and keep direct eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Sales Representative.   1 Answer

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2007.

Interview

had technical question test regarding Javascript, CSS and JSP. Then had an interview with some developers to see if we got along

Interview Questions

• what is the difference in a class and id in CSS?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary. Tried to offer 72k and I got 82k

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. I met with several people over the course of 1 day. They perform behavioral interviews so be prepared to speak from your experiences and not just answer yes or no questions. Additionally they have a very fun and free culture, but don't let them trip you up during the interview process by making you feel too comfortable. They are looking for you to drop your guard, maintain your professionalism and all your proper interviewing techniques and training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, what steps you took and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Advertising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with multiple executives on the same day within a 4 hr period. Be prepared to sell yourself on your qualifications. Also, make sure you get a good nights rest prior to the day of interviews. Bouncing from one interview to the next can be tiring, especially when you end up repeating yourself more than once. You might not receive an offer immediately following the interview either. They may interview you and wait until an opening presents itself within the company. I interviewed and did not find out that there were not any positions open until later. Needless to say, I felt as though I wasted my time and resources by interviewing for a job that was non-existent.

Advertising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had applied online for this position but a friend who also works at AT pushed my resume to the recruiter. If it hadn't been for my friend, I honestly don't think I would have been interviewed.

The Recruiter who interviewed me seemed very antagonistic during my hour phone interview. His thick accent was also a little hard to follow. I sensed that this process might be an annoyance to him but didn't mention this. He opened the interview with an overview of the benefits, which sounded quite good and above average for the industry. He also let me know they "Didn't Interview Just Anyone and that many people want this job". All right, I get it, I should be honored that you are speaking with me. Throughout the interview when I was explaining my answers, I could hear that he wasn't focused and ruffling papers or moving around.

As I started asking questions towards the end of the interview, I found out that I was one of ten candidates, four of which were internal. He stated that they firmly believed in hiring from within and the internal candidates were excellent. When I asked for his assessment of our interview overall, he said that he liked the answers I gave him and he thought I communicated well but he hadn’t completed all ten interviews.

I received a phone call 3 days later saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2008.

Interview

Met with several engineers. Discussed background and skill sets. Answered some problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding browsers, CSS and JavaScript.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiations went fairly well.