Autotrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

*3-5 interviews (phone interview, group interview, in person interview)
    *very in depth interview
    *be prepared to explain what the company and department does
    *be familiar with the website and current media efforts
    *must be prepared to discuss education, work experience and goals for the future
    *must be prepared to answer scenario questions
    *must be prepared to give a plan for how you would help department on the spot
    *be prepared with relevant questions

Interview Questions

• What relevant job experience do you have for this position and how do you think your education will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate...$17 for an internship is great!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Questions

• Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Typical STAR format. Phone screen with HR and most often second interview will be with two managers (minimum). Often a third interview will follow with higher title within reporting structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but company will not budge on additional vacation days.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Three level min. on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your prior position or boss?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base is set but good room to advance

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Several different interviews all in one day. Spent roughly an hour with each manager and interviewed with 3 different managers. The difficult aspect was staying focused throughout the entire process, as most of the questions between the different interviewers were very similar if not identical. They are looking for a common thread with your answers, something to show them you are focused on the business outcome.

Interview Questions

• Was given specific scenarios and asked how I would approach those moving forward   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Dunwoody, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a staffing agency. They set up a phone interview with the manager and another team member. The questions were very basic about what type of work was I currently doing. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult for me since I knew how to communicate what I do   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiting agency had already establishe a pay rate

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to the position online and I received a phone call from the HR recruiter. The HR recruiter explained the position in more detail and how the process would proceed after this point. I expected another phone call to follow up and I was told the HR recruiter was following up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in IT finance.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc.

The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The company uses the STAR method of interviewing. They commonly have panel interviews with members of management and and HR present. The face to face interview usually takes about an hour. Professional business attire should be worn