Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Medical Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (Houston, TX).

Interview

My experience was very positive. Relevant questions.....very natural conversation. I had to complete a business analysis from dummy data that the RBM provided for me. It allowed me to show how I analyze information.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult colleague or customer (not really difficult to answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional 5K.

Medical Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Referred by an employee. I had a telephone interview with hiring manager. I then had another telephone interview. The first face to face interview with hiring manager was informative and gave me A lot of company information and went into detail about compensation package and benefits of insurance and college reimbursement plan.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a top prescriber for our product in my territory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was productive, they were open to my salary request and made me an offer i couldnt refuse!

Interview

3 Rounds. Phone with hiring manger. F2F with hiring manager. F2F with hiring manager and regional director.

Interview Questions

• Gave homework for 3rd interview. Powerpoint presentation of clinical information and territory analysis with action plan was required.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager approximately 45 minutes with basic questions. Tell me about yourself, example of working in multiple roles at one time, example of taking a project from start to finish by yourself.
    Face to face interviews on one day with VP, Dir, Asst. Prod. Mgr, HR. Questions were generic and some were scripted others were not. Be prepared for oddball questions - did you work in college? did you pay for college? Be able to show that you can do everything in marketing and have a strongsales background.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you disagreed with senior leaders and got them to change their miinds. What happened and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project in which you had to wear many hats and take it from start to finish. What was your postion? How many people were involved beyond you? What was your process for managing the project?   Answer Question
    • How did you pay for college? Did you work in college?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

Interview

Had to fill out a candidate profile with a lot of questions about experience, salary, bonus, existing territory, counterparts. It was a 30min. phone interview with Regional Director.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want this job and why are you looking?"   Answer Question
    • "Tell me out of all the awards that you have won which of are you most proud and why?"   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals in July 2009.

Interview

The interviewing process was lengthy, I met all of senior management for a mid-level sales management position for the impending launch of their new drug Xiaflex. It was a bit tedious but overall a fairly positive experience although I did not get the position. The follow up was timely on the recruiters part but there seemed to be hidden agendas with regards to the hiring decisions being made and driven from the top down, lots of people coming over from CV Therapeutics. With this tight job market and and the big layoffs in the biopharma industry its an employers market and they can cherry pick with so many displaced good people from down sizing across the industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you launch our new product in your region, layout a full sales/implementation launch plan. Written 2 page document that had to be prepared prior to final interview.   Answer Question