Avalara Customer Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avalara Customer Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen, then a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by 2 hours of in person interviews with the hiring manager and 3 peers. I really enjoyed my phone interview with the hiring manager, but when I came into the office for the in person interviews I was majorly thrown off by the peer interviewers. Overall they came off as unprofessional - one told me all about her family, another one told me about the health problems she'd been having all year - I only get two hours with you people to see if I'd like to spend 40 a week with you and that is what you decide to talk about? I walked away from the peer interviews still not knowing exactly what the job was. I followed up twice with my contact in HR but I never heard anything after my in person round - pretty sloppy. Everyone who makes it to the final stage deserves to hear a yes/no and feedback, even if both parties agree it wasn't the best fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell our clients if our services were down - would you offer them any credit for lost business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Customer Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Avalara in June 2015.

Interview

The process was straight forward and fast. My first phone-screen was a great conversation with HR and exactly what I would hope for in terms of high-level role discussion and more detail on company/culture, growth trajectory, etc. Next interview with the hiring manager included situational based Q&A, detailed discussion of role responsibilities, KPIs, etc. There wasn't much time left for my Q&A. In response to my inquiry, they stated there was no reason they wouldn't move forward with my application. HR emailed the next day with their decision to move forward with other candidates. No explanation or feedback provided upon request.

Interview Questions

• Are you motivated by quota? Are you motivated by peer competition?   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avalara in June 2015.

Interview

As expected, first interview was by phone with recruiter. Allowed time for high level overview of work experience followed by a summary of the job I had applied for.

Person I spoke to was very easy to speak to and did a great job of steering me towards a role I was better suited for based on my work experience. Although there wasn't an open position at that time she reached out to the hiring manager to determine if they would be opening a rec in that group. I appreciated the extra effort made.

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very professional recruiter and received timely responses. Interviews scheduled to work with my schedule

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were as to be expected for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC).

Interview

Each person that interviewed me was very sharp and personable. The in-person interview was way too long. I interviewed with 4 different people each for 45 minutes, back to back. It would've been much more efficient as a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara in February 2017.

Interview

Experienced and older sales candidates need not apply. They are looking for young sales people with the appreciation of being able to start the beer 4:30.

Take your talents to a company that appreciates experienced sales professionals. Undoubted like a lot of the tech companies, they will end up with inquires from the EEOC.