Avalara Human Resources Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avalara

1 Interview Review

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR director via LinkedIn and had a brief telephone interview with her. We set a time for me to come in to the office later that week. The interview took approximately four hours. I met with six people in groups of two. Interviewers were dressed very casually, but I got the impression that a suit was a good choice for me. The original schedule of who I was meeting with was completely changed around once I arrived, leading to some confusion about names and roles of my interviewers.
I felt fairly positive about the interview and sent a thank you to my original contact. She replied that they would be opening up the position to other candidates, but would be keeping in touch with me. Two weeks later, I hadn't heard anything, so I thanked her for considering me. She again reiterated that she hadn't made a decision yet. Four weeks later, there has been no formal rejection or further contact.