Avalara Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avalara Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

1 Interview Review

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

2 phone screens, 2 in-person interview rounds at the headquarter. Total time invested, about 8 hours all in. Good team, reasonable time periods for each meeting, the hiring manager was honest about the challenges and goals of the team, and the recruiting team was prompt and flexible with schedules - during the interviews.

While the pre/during interview experience was great, the post interview communications left a lot to be desired. After investing a sizeable amount of time in the interview process, I would expect a reasonable turnaround on feedback and or next steps - positive or negative.

Avalara took almost 2 weeks to finally get back to me with any status update. My efforts to reach out to them were largely ignored. And when they did finally get back to me they provided dates for a final decision that slid from “definitely tomorrow”, to next week, to “maybe in a couple weeks”.

This is not an acceptable way to manage candidate expectations. It’s the responsibility of both interviewer and interviewee to provide fair and timely updates on their interest on the role being interviewed for. In Seattle’s hyper-competitive market for quality tech candidates, Avalara needs to recognize that a positive candidate experience is key to attracting and securing the best workforce.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had to influence other teams to accomplish a major goal?   Answer Question
  • Which of Avalara's values do you most represent?   Answer Question