Avalara Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avalara Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

*phone screen with recruiter, very professional and personable
*phone screen with hiring manager, good conversation, mentioned bringing me in for an interview, then went through a run-down of who I'd be meeting with and what they were like (pros and cons).
*in person interview - 4 people total for 2.5 hours, every one of them focused on my job history which is robust, but there are a few short lived positions due to my nature to work for smaller companies, higher risk, layoffs. I would have expected more questions about the actual work I'd be doing and found one of the interviewers to be very stand offish. if the goal is to recruit talented people, remember those people are interviewing you as well.
*overall an odd experience, and surprising from a Global, tenure and growing SaaS company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer
  • What was your favorite position and why   3 Answers
  • Tell me about something you did that didn't turn out, and how you fixed it   1 Answer
  • Why have you moved around so much?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The whole process took over 6 weeks with very little communication in the process. I had phone screen with recruiter then over 4 hours of in person interviews.
    They said they would make a decision by the end of the week but kept me hanging for over 2 weeks.
    The process was unorganized, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict?
      Do you have children?
      How do you get things done with lots of push back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, then an onsite interivew with 7 people. Considering 7 people were involved, I am very surprised that they ghosted me after a full day interview. I never heard back from the recruiter since the interview, but they were unresponsive to begin with. The receptionists were incredibly nice though.

Interview Questions

• What's the marketing campaign you're most proud of? What was the ROI?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

At the end of the interview process, I had interviewed with 10+ people (including recruiter, peers, hiring manager, hiring manager's peers, 3 VPs) and delivered a presentation on a case study that took me the better part of a week to complete.

Initially, the process was a phone screen with the recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, and then a half day in-person loop at their offices with 3 groups of 2 interviewers each. It wasn't until after the in-person interviews, and the hiring manager gauged my interest in the position that she assigned the case study and another interview with a VP.

After a stressful week of preparing the deck and delivering it, she had me interview with 3 more people, including 2 more VPs.

I was really excited about this role, but incredibly put off by experience. It seemed like the
    process needed to be planned better and the hiring manager didn't respect my time and efforts. The entire process was 6 weeks, from first screen to the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background on resume, behavioral questions, go-to-market case study presentation and delivery.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA).

Interview

Overall pretty casual interview process. First a few phone interviews focused on my background and to ensure my background/skills aligned with the position's needs, then some panel interviews. The panel interviews were pretty easy. Just basics about my background and if I did X or Y types of tasks in the past. This was followed then by interviews with management, but 1 on 1 style.

After going through at least five interviews, I was told I'd hear back in a day or two. Never heard any word back. At least a cordial, "sorry, we went with someone else" email would have been more professional. The entire process was over three weeks long. While I understand that it's a small business, if they hope to attract and retain talent, they need to at least follow up one way or another.

This is one of several companies I was interviewing with and their lack of follow through was sincerely disappointing.

Interview Questions

• We've done X before in this department. It was not effective. How would you do it differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Extremely unorganized & felt the process was unprofessional due to the amount of time spent waiting for those conducting the interviews. Even though my interview loop was scheduled with numerous stakeholders, many of my interviews were rearranged with those having no knowledge about the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out how much water is in the Mississippi River?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avalara (Brighton, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal chat, offsite location (coffee shop), with senior manager with ownership of EMEA marketing.
    Interviewer did not have a clear idea of the kind of candidate he was looking for, the interview was used as an opportunity to test the market for candidates. As a candidate, the overall experience was poor. I learned very little about the company or how it intended to grow in EMEA.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in the international taxation software market?   1 Answer