Avalara Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avalara Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

Attended a job fair at their corporate office. About a few who attended were wearing suits...I was shocked at how casual applicants were. I was bold, asked who the managers were and went up to introduce myself to all of the key managers. They apparently liked that and they "flagged my resume". Their in house recruiter said that three managers requested interviews the following week.
I interviewed with the two managers I thought I might want a position with. First one on one, then only one had his other employees interview me as well. I liked that because it's important that a "team" gets to pick someone they like.
The other manager didn't have his team interview me, but he was great and I chose a job on his team.
When they offered a job, there was little information about compensation or benefits, but I was in a place to be easy going, so I accepted. They were pretty timely in their responses.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you currently manage your daily time efficiently and effectively.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Informal & I wasn't a hard-ass...neither were they. I should've been more of a hard-ass.

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started wtih a phone screen with a recruiter. From there, you interviewed with the front line manager. If that goes well, they have you speak with some of the team members and the final interview goes through the VP of Sales. Straightforward process for sales positions. Just be confident and do your homework ahead of time.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then manager, then in-person interview with the manager and a few team members. HR called to make offer and negotiate salary. I also requested informational interviews with team members and was able to speak with two. Everyone was very informative and welcoming .

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, I get the impression they're focused on whether you're a good fit for the team   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called to make the offer. I got the impression there isn't a very wide range of salaries for each position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avalara (Bainbridge Island, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

After the standard phone interview I was asked to come in to the office and "meet the team." The process was more a tour of the office and meeting different members of the sales manager team. four or five sales managers would sit with me one at a time and we would have a back and forth conversation about myself, and my qualifications/ intentions. And myself asking them about their motivations and experiences with the company.

Interview Questions

• What of my past work experience would help me in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Great conversation with initial recruiter then brought in for an in-person interview with current sales reps, two managers, and the Sales Director. All were very professional and willing to let me interview them about the company, not just interviewing me. They were very quick to get back to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate your success in comparison to your peers?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

4 steps. Phone screen, demo, in-person meeting, and final interview with EVP. Very standard, the phone screen goes through your qualifications, the demo tests your presentation skills, the in-person meeting sees if the team likes you, and the final interview is for the sign off. It seems like by the time you get to the final interview, the job is yours to lose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was as expected, no negotiation was needed.