Avalara Tax Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Tax Analyst

Create your profile to get personalized information

Avalara Tax Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The lady working at the reception desk was already expecting me and was very friendly, but it at all went downhill from there. The main interviewer was pretty rude and didn't act at all interested in getting to know me. She told me the job was opening because they hired too many people that "couldn't learn fast enough" at the job. After she described the job to me it sounded kind of like a sweatshop, so I imagine that they probably just stopped caring. It basically sounded like you would be chained to a computer and people would be yelling at you constantly to get things done as fast as possible. She then put me on a computer and told me to watch what she was doing. So I naturally watched the computer screen to see what she was doing. Then she wanted me to repeat it and I couldn't mimic exactly what her hands on the keyboard had done and she snapped at me "Weren't you watching my hands?" Um no, you didn't specify that that's what I was supposed to watch. And then I was supposed to do some menial tasks on a spreadsheet as fast as possible. She wasn't impressed so she walked me out and I never heard anything back. Which I'm quite happy with because I got a much better job two weeks later.

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC).

Interview

Terrible experience. They want you to do 5 separate interviews with 5 different people, each lasting 45 minutes! Ridiculous. I have never heard of such ludicrous interview style in my life.

Interview Questions

• I declined to do the 5 interviews so I never reached this part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was easy to get through and lasted only 20 or so minutes. The questions were all based off of your resume and no hardball questions were asked. The interviewers hinted that it is a monotonous job that many people do not like.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avalara (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Introduced to the position through a hiring agency. 1) Interviewed with 3 senior employees regarding background, behavioral questions, and technical background. 2) Interviewed with the director immediately after. The director gave more insight in the company and office to see if I was a good fit. This definitely put me more at ease during this section of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had an issue with someone on your team and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avalara in September 2015.

Interview

Applied and submitted my resume online. I received an email back a day later wanting to schedule an interview.
    The HR recruiter was extremely nice and professional. Prior to delving too much into my resume we went over the basics. She immediately asked what sort of compensation I was looking as she did not want me to go through the hiring process if the number I required was out of reach. I told her and she informed me of the "typical pay" for this position. I gracefully bowed out of continuing along in the hiring process for this position and informed her should other positions arise that are inline with my experience and adequately meet my salary requirement I hope she will contact me.
    I greatly appreciate HR recruiters who are straightforward and to the point.
    Avalara seems like a great company to work for had the compensation be there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you experience?
      Why avalara?
      What is your required compensation?   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview for 2.5 hours. Overall, it was a very fun enjoyable process. The office staff was pleasant and very helpful. Hope to hear back.