Avalara Tax Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avalara Tax Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avalara

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Durham, NC).

Interview

Avalara hosted interviews to hire several tax research analysts to join three of their different teams. There were a total of three 30 minute interviews with each of the team leads, a 30 minute presentation regarding an overview of what each team does, and then a tour. Many of the questions I was asked concerned my ability to conduct thourough research, the process I take to conduct that research, and my ability to document of research. Other general interview questions were asked, but overall interview process was not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a coworker had different viewpoints on how to handle a task and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
  • How do you prefer to work: independently, with a group, or a combination of both?   Answer Question
  • How do you conduct research, when do you feel you’ve completed enough research, and how do go about documenting your research?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Tax Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

I was offered a Phone Screening Interview. I inquired on the Salary Range for the position. The answer was $45 to $100. We agreed to cancel the interview since I was looking for a higher position.
    Declined the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me If I had a problem in moving to Overland Park, Kansas.   1 Answer

Tax Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalara.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with the corporate recruiter. Second and final round was in-person. In-person interview was relatively informal. Interviewers asked mostly about professional background. Interviewers spent time discussing the company, the job, and culture. There were about four different interviewers from different departments.