Avalere Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health in September 2015.

Interview

A single day of 4-5 rounds of interviews with various employees. Interviews were content specific but also included questions regarding working style and preferred working environment. One interviewer took me out for coffee to discuss broadly how my personality might fit with in the team. Overall it was a very positive experience and the interview process would ultimately be a good preview of what it's like to work here.

Interview Questions

• Are you more comfortable with internal vs. external related work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiation my salary

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

First, you submit the application online. The application includes two written cases. If you pass the screening, a HR will reach out to you for a phone interviews. The number of phone interviews varies. Some people only have one while others have two. Then they will invite you to the DC office for on-site interview. If you apply for the associate immersion program, they might ask for a second-round on-site interview if there is a particular team interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your former working experience, project management skills, data analysis skills and policy interests.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Worked with an external recruiter/consultant who seemed disorganized. She often called me when email would have been better (e.g. early morning, at random times during the workday) which was confusing. Did not provide me with an interview schedule at all on-site; when I requested one, she said that she had sent it to me, which was not the case. Additional logistical issues on her part made the day seem very disorganized. Not great for the Avalere brand.

Actual interviews went well. Everyone was incredibly nice and passionate about the work that they are doing, but it was clear they were looking for a different professional background than I have.

Interview Questions

• What is one health policy issue that you have been following?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then a recruiter pre-screened me and later set up a call with the practice head. That interview was about 45 min, and then there were on-site interviews lasting a long stretch of the day, each 1 on 1 with various levels of mostly-direct colleagues lasting ~a half hour per.

Interview Questions

• Why healthcare, why Avalere, why that practice focus, how much do you know about sub-specialties relevant to the given position, tell me about your background, how can I better help you understand what your role would be, how do you typically work best, other general questions of that nature and some silly/icebreaking ones   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

A phone screen by one of the practice leaders, followed by an in-person interview with about 6 individuals, across two different practice areas. The interview was much less formal than others I have been on with larger companies. The questions weren't the typical interview questions, such as "tell me about your proudest achievement" nor were they content-related, such as "what do you think the biggest issues in health policy are today".

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of phone screen, phone interview and 3 hour onsite interview where I met with 3 groups of 4 people each for an hour. Everything that happened after this was extremely unprofessional. They contacted my references to set up time to talk with them some time that week. My reference responded promptly with his availability and never heard back until the following week even after following up. I followed up twice myself (each time a week apart) and was ignored for over 2 weeks. They couldn't even give me the respect of "Sorry, there has been a delay in our process we will get back to you when we have an update". A few weeks later I received a call saying they went with some one who had more experience. Mind you, this is after giving me a verbal offer, discussing salary and contacting my references (and telling me that their feedback was positive). I also spoke with a current employee during my interview process who didn't want to badmouth the company but suggested I read Glassdoor because they felt the reviews were accurate.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC).

Interview

First was an initial phone interview. Then was a practice sales pitch where I called them from a different room. Then I had four separate one-on-one interviews. Each interview seemed pretty good. I asked them all the same question when it was my turn for questions and it was great insight to hear the different responses.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health.

Interview

There were two phone interviews and one in-person interview with four different people. The in-person interview included meeting with people at every level. All questions were pretty basic and I was asked to speak about my writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard about the core values. Nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Though it took a long time for the interview to be scheduled, once it happened, the process was well organized. The recruiter sent a list of people in advance who would be interviewing. The interview was long - with six people over the course of three hours - but it proceeded well, and it was helpful to get it all done at one time. I was impressed with the people and the caliber of their questions.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall that any of the questions were particularly challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avalere Health in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the online resume submitter and I got an email response right away from HR to schedule a phone interview that would take about 30 minutes. The interviewer calls me about ten minutes late and starts by having me review my resume with her.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next five years?   Answer Question