Avalere Health Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Avalere Health Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 26, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

First, you submit the application online. The application includes two written cases. If you pass the screening, a HR will reach out to you for a phone interviews. The number of phone interviews varies. Some people only have one while others have two. Then they will invite you to the DC office for on-site interview. If you apply for the associate immersion program, they might ask for a second-round on-site interview if there is a particular team interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your former working experience, project management skills, data analysis skills and policy interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then a recruiter pre-screened me and later set up a call with the practice head. That interview was about 45 min, and then there were on-site interviews lasting a long stretch of the day, each 1 on 1 with various levels of mostly-direct colleagues lasting ~a half hour per.

Interview Questions

• Why healthcare, why Avalere, why that practice focus, how much do you know about sub-specialties relevant to the given position, tell me about your background, how can I better help you understand what your role would be, how do you typically work best, other general questions of that nature and some silly/icebreaking ones   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

A phone screen by one of the practice leaders, followed by an in-person interview with about 6 individuals, across two different practice areas. The interview was much less formal than others I have been on with larger companies. The questions weren't the typical interview questions, such as "tell me about your proudest achievement" nor were they content-related, such as "what do you think the biggest issues in health policy are today".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of phone screen, phone interview and 3 hour onsite interview where I met with 3 groups of 4 people each for an hour. Everything that happened after this was extremely unprofessional. They contacted my references to set up time to talk with them some time that week. My reference responded promptly with his availability and never heard back until the following week even after following up. I followed up twice myself (each time a week apart) and was ignored for over 2 weeks. They couldn't even give me the respect of "Sorry, there has been a delay in our process we will get back to you when we have an update". A few weeks later I received a call saying they went with some one who had more experience. Mind you, this is after giving me a verbal offer, discussing salary and contacting my references (and telling me that their feedback was positive). I also spoke with a current employee during my interview process who didn't want to badmouth the company but suggested I read Glassdoor because they felt the reviews were accurate.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC).

Interview

First was an initial phone interview. Then was a practice sales pitch where I called them from a different room. Then I had four separate one-on-one interviews. Each interview seemed pretty good. I asked them all the same question when it was my turn for questions and it was great insight to hear the different responses.

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Though it took a long time for the interview to be scheduled, once it happened, the process was well organized. The recruiter sent a list of people in advance who would be interviewing. The interview was long - with six people over the course of three hours - but it proceeded well, and it was helpful to get it all done at one time. I was impressed with the people and the caliber of their questions.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall that any of the questions were particularly challenging or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process - initial phone screen; in-person meetings with several high- and mid-level team members; ended with last-minute phone interviews with remote team members; interviews included a client scenario. I interviewed for a new and fairly undefined role, so the interviewers were very interested in my past professional experience and what I could bring to the team beyond the basic criteria listed in the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial interview process was a phone screen with a VP. After two weeks, I had direct interviews on site. It was a lengthy interview process for me, where I met with a good majority of the practice (department) that I was applying for in 30-minute segments. I took it as a personality fit. They took me out to lunch. That was a good sign. I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have some knowledge of what's going on in the healthcare world or talk about a healthcare topic that interests you personally. They're very personable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Application, including essay; 2:1 phone interview; 5 1:1 in-person interviews, each focusing on a particular value. It's a VERY long day.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalere Health (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved me initially talking to human resources via phone and then meeting with 5 different people across the firm in-person. The interviews focused on understanding my interest in Avalere, about health policy, and also about content knowledge, namely about providers. There were some behavioral questions that focused on understanding how I manage my time, delegate tasks, and handle conflicts; there was no case-study or quantitative analysis component for any of my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Avalere and why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question