AvalonBay Communities Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me on a job submission to their job board. Approximately 2 weeks from submission. Once contacted, HR recruiter performed a standard phone screen asking about background, reason for leaving current employer, relocation, and validating resume information with you to better understand it for the hiring manager - this took about 45 minutes. Once the intake was done a 1:1 was setup with the hiring manager over the phone for the following week - this session was 1.5 hours. Next step was two weeks later for in-person interviews with the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, and two peers of the hiring manager. A decision on an offer was delayed due to scheduling conflicts, but took about 2 weeks after the in-person interviews to receive. Start to finish took approximately 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Context: coming from large organization to smaller
    Q: Why us? Why do you want to work for us given all your background?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AvalonBay Communities

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities in December 2008.

Interview

phone interview and 2 live interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

limited. not much flexibility