AvalonBay Communities Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.7

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

interviewed at a job fair met with two interviewers very straight forward and informative about the company and what they were looking for. was invited back on second interview met with a manager and was given a verbal offer. was invited to meet the supervisor and take a tour of the facility met a great employee who gave me the tour after the the tour i was given a offer in writing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

This was an open house hiring day through out the metropolitan area. There was very little wait time. Pleasant people who seemed organized. They didn't rush me. Asked very textbook type questions. Would have preferred more conversational interview. Now have to apply on-line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a conflict   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly so that I was not as nervous as usual. That made me answered better for all the interview questions. The recruiter also patiently answered all my questions. It was a good phone interview experience.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY).

Interview

They called me and I went to one of their buildings. After about a 5 minute wait they took me to one of their meeting rooms and interviewed me with the building resident manager and the property manager. they really liked me but I suppose the salary I was asking for was too much and they gave me an offer but never called me back.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for avalon?   1 Answer

They never called me back.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

After a quick phone interview, I had two interviews at the location. But of the people I interviewed with were SUPER nice and easy to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. Unfortunately, the manager who makes the final call went on vacation so I had to wait a few weeks before finding out if I got the job or not. But within that time, another lead followed up with me to make sure I still wanted it. Everyone there is so nice, I didn't really mind waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a 15-20 minute preliminary phone interview, then was called back for a first round-interview. Had two separate interviews with hiring managers. Followed up the day after the interview and again the following week about the status of my application but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who had a different opinion that you?   1 Answer

Community Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from a Community Manager to set up a phone interview. Phone interview occurred about 2 days later. Questions were not difficult. Basically a run down of my resume. Why am I interested in the job, etc. There were a couple of behavioral questions. Nothing too tough. Received an email the next day to set up time for an in-person interview. In person interview was with a Community Manager. They were a lot of people interviewing that day. A lot of interviewers and a lot of candidates. My interview seemed to go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I heard about the position at my college's career fair, the recruiter told me to apply online. Sent my application and had an in person interview set up on campus with 2 employees. I thought the interview went really well and I followed up after the interview but never got a response about an offer or even a rejection.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service? What made it so good?   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Everyone was nice to meet, but they lack in follow up. I had to reach out a few times for the next steps. Plus read other negative reviews that deterred me from accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle irate clients? etc, pretty standard   Answer Question

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AvalonBay Communities (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was with one of the managers that was in charge of the position. After the interview he had his supervisor interview me as well. Thought the interview went well as I thought I was only being interviewed with one person. A week later another supervisor called asked a few simple questions. Heard from the again two weeks later they went with an internal hire. So overall thoughts is they were kind of already set as to who they wanted to hire aka someone from within the company.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions as to why did you apply? What do you know about the company? Experiences?   Answer Question