Avanade Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I had 7 interviews that spanned over 2 months, seems a bit excessive. Spoke to over 8 people this included in person, over the phone, recruiter interview. A lot of the questions where general, great people to speak to, final interview was at the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions where related to someone with more experience which was odd for a analyst.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Interview

Went to my college career fair and met with Avanade. Got a call back from them 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. It was behavioral interview.

Got another phone interview about asking questions to a current employee. Then final interview on site. Got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult just talked about my team experiences in projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I had an employee referral, just for full-disclosure. After approving my resume I had one phone interview with a HR employee. It was not very technical and just ask general critical thinking questions and explaining technology questions. Then they contacted me about meeting at my schools career fair which happen to be in the coming week so we could just meet face to face and chat before the interview in the coming weeks. The interview day was at their office and consisted of a nice overall experience they had us in a room with other interviewees and recent new hires to talk to while we waited. There was a written interview questions and short essay part. The actual interview was with some upper management and asked some technical questions but also was interested in how you could handle learning new things. I had no experience with any of the microsoft technology they used but had a broad knowledge of other technologies.

Interview Questions

• Although I don't know if it counted but i guess everything does. They gave a list of 15 items and if you got stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean rank them by importance. It is a coast guard test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made it seem non-negotiable but i regret not trying harder.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview. It was very basic get to know you and find out what you really know about the industry and you passions. Second phone interview started out with some background questions and then asked basic interview questions like customer scenarios. Last interview was in person and the questions were more involved.

Interview Questions

• If i knew what the agile methodology was   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter on the phone. I was told she would set up a technical phone interview with someone else, but a while passed, and I never really heard back. At this point I had gotten another offer, but I only had about 2 weeks to decide and move to a new state to start the other job. I really wanted to work for Avanade though, so I started emailed the recruiter pretty much every day. I let her know about my situation, and that I really needed to hurry things along. I finally got the technical interview done, and they passed me through to the next stage which was an in-person interview. For the next interview, I met with just one very senior person at Avanade due to my time constrains, although I think it's usually a little different. We basically just talked about stuff for an hour (my background, family, etc.), and then I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer. Overall the recruiter was my main point of contact, and was really helpful and speeding things along once I let her know it was urgent for me.

Interview Questions

• During the technical interview they wanted to know about the underpinning of object-oriented programming, and I only remember 2: polymorphism and encapsulation. I still don't remember the third   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just given an offer, and I accepted right off the bat. I was told that it was the highest they were allowed to offer for my position (it was entry level), but I'm not sure if that was true.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regards this position. On the second day I got a phone interview from the team manager asked about my working experience and then I was settled by an interview in person on the following day.

Interview Questions

• Went through the resume and talked details about past working experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Found it easy because I already had experience in the space and that's what they were looking for more than anything else. Good to have entrepreneurship experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Approx 1.5 months, constantly keeping you in the loop. Very nice to speak to, give a good insight into what the job entails (not from a tech perspective though). You won't get to meet any employees, just interviewers whom are employees - and they are cool chilled out guys that'll answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• First round is impromptu phone interview - but relatively standard. Second was face-to-face - asked random tech questions which were beyond uni. They then asked a problem solving question - that's the key to the next round. Next round is talking about yourself, projects etc.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in June 2014.

Interview

standard review process divided in 3 steps: HR interview, technical interview and final interview with future boss.
    the interview was very fluid and they make you feel comfortable.
    The process was maybe a little too long with many pauses between each stage

Interview Questions

• how did you handle the most difficoult situation you had at work?   Answer Question