Avanade Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avanade

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avanade in October 2013.

Interview

Went to my college career fair and met with Avanade. Got a call back from them 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. It was behavioral interview.

Got another phone interview about asking questions to a current employee. Then final interview on site. Got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult just talked about my team experiences in projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I had an employee referral, just for full-disclosure. After approving my resume I had one phone interview with a HR employee. It was not very technical and just ask general critical thinking questions and explaining technology questions. Then they contacted me about meeting at my schools career fair which happen to be in the coming week so we could just meet face to face and chat before the interview in the coming weeks. The interview day was at their office and consisted of a nice overall experience they had us in a room with other interviewees and recent new hires to talk to while we waited. There was a written interview questions and short essay part. The actual interview was with some upper management and asked some technical questions but also was interested in how you could handle learning new things. I had no experience with any of the microsoft technology they used but had a broad knowledge of other technologies.

Interview Questions

• Although I don't know if it counted but i guess everything does. They gave a list of 15 items and if you got stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean rank them by importance. It is a coast guard test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made it seem non-negotiable but i regret not trying harder.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter on the phone. I was told she would set up a technical phone interview with someone else, but a while passed, and I never really heard back. At this point I had gotten another offer, but I only had about 2 weeks to decide and move to a new state to start the other job. I really wanted to work for Avanade though, so I started emailed the recruiter pretty much every day. I let her know about my situation, and that I really needed to hurry things along. I finally got the technical interview done, and they passed me through to the next stage which was an in-person interview. For the next interview, I met with just one very senior person at Avanade due to my time constrains, although I think it's usually a little different. We basically just talked about stuff for an hour (my background, family, etc.), and then I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer. Overall the recruiter was my main point of contact, and was really helpful and speeding things along once I let her know it was urgent for me.

Interview Questions

• During the technical interview they wanted to know about the underpinning of object-oriented programming, and I only remember 2: polymorphism and encapsulation. I still don't remember the third   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just given an offer, and I accepted right off the bat. I was told that it was the highest they were allowed to offer for my position (it was entry level), but I'm not sure if that was true.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I had 7 interviews that spanned over 2 months, seems a bit excessive. Spoke to over 8 people this included in person, over the phone, recruiter interview. A lot of the questions where general, great people to speak to, final interview was at the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions where related to someone with more experience which was odd for a analyst.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview. It was very basic get to know you and find out what you really know about the industry and you passions. Second phone interview started out with some background questions and then asked basic interview questions like customer scenarios. Last interview was in person and the questions were more involved.

Interview Questions

• If i knew what the agile methodology was   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with a company employee

There was miscommunication with the hiring recruiters because I received conflicting information. It was difficult to get in touch with my main contact and had to wait weeks to get closure on the position, department, and location that I was in the run for. Since multiple people contacted me about different positions, I took initiative and contacted my recruiter -- still, no respond.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic behavior questions from HR also asked about the project that I did. Why I would like to be an IT consultant. The hr is very friendly and informative about the recruiting process. Overall it is a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

There were three separate phone interviews, a Skype interview, and two in-person interviews. The total process involved talking with a hiring manager, the manager of the team, and two other managers.

Interview Questions

• Take a company like Disney, with their theme parks. Describe a technology implementation that would be useful in their parks and how would it benefit the company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in December 2018.

Interview

The company requests a copy of your transcript before consideration is given for scheduling a phone screen. This is the first I’ve seen that. They allow unofficial transcripts to be submitted.