Avanade Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avanade

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in January 2014.

Interview

It took 2 weeks , i talked with the AX Director. The interview was great but I think I missed the fact that I should have been more professional.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question but may be tricky question ( or standardized set of answers required)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 phone, 1 in person. Another candidate was scheduled to interview at the same time and we met in the lobby/ alternated speaking with the consultants. In-person was with two Consultants. The two Consultants in the in-person interview played 'good cop, bad cop'. The other candidate went over-time and resulted in my discussion with the 2nd consultant to be cut short.

Interview Questions

• General 'why would you be good for this role?' 'what would you do if a client did x, y or z?' 'how would you solve problem q knowing a,b and c.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I've been interviewing for with Avanade for about 2 months now, and I am approaching my last interview. I originally started interviewing for a developer position, but then changed to an analyst position. The interview process for the analyst position was a lot less stressful, and focused on your soft skills rather than recall.

Interview Questions

• No one question was too difficult. They did ask me to demo Microsoft Dynamics, which took some time.   Answer Question

The travel was a bit too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

One of my friends from my undergrad is a consultant at Avanade, so when I graduate from my masters program, I asked for a referral. After she sent in my referral, it only took a couple days to get an initial phone interview scheduled. They seem to be really keen on internal referrals, so I recommend tapping all your resources to find someone in the company that can refer you. A referral from an Accenture employee would probably work also.
    The first phone interview was with a consultant in the field consisted of some behavior questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer also asked skills related questions such as tell me about the techniques you use to elicit and document requirements. It lasted about 1 hour.
    After that, I was scheduled for an in person interview at their Seattle headquarters office. I think this happened because I live in Seattle, and that if didn't live there, it would have been another phone interview. This interview was called a "skills 2 interview" and was a bit more intense on the skills related questions. I got a couple wrong and interviewer was not at all disappointed. He said he got the same questions wrong in his interview. They're really just looking to see how you solve problems not necessarily for the correct answers.
    After that interview the company told me they were preparing to make me an offer and wanted to do one final in person interview to determine the level/pay scale at which they would hire me.
    One thing that was clear right away, was that the consultants here work long hard hours. I suppose that true of most consultants, but the two that interviewed me were both on 12 hour days the days they talked with me.

Interview Questions

• You have 100grams of gold to distribute evenly among 10 goldsmiths. They are each to make 10 coins of 1 gram each. When you get them back, you know one goldsmith is making coins of 0.9 grams and keeping the rest. Measuring the least amount of times how would you determine which smith is cheating?   4 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline on a project, why you think you missed it, and what you would differently in the future.   Answer Question

I turned down the offer because it took them to long make a final decision on what level they wanted to hire me at. I had another on the table that was about to expire, and Avanade could not make a decision within my time frame. All-in-all they're hiring process seems to take at least a month likely longer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people via phone and then a one-on-one with a Regional Manager. An initial phone interview (non-technical) and then two technical interviews with two different technical people. I did well on the phone interviews and when I had a teleconference call with the Regional Manager for about an hour, I felt that he was expecting someone younger and I received an email indicating that it may take several months before an appropriate position was available and that they would keep in touch. I never heard from them again.

I saw the same position posted the next day again. They also use a background company that asks questions that would definitely indicate your age (such as date of college graduation, date of birth, etc.) which I don't answer prior to an offer since a company might have a propensity to discriminate against certain protected classes. I suspect that they might be one of these types of companies.

Interview Questions

• What tool do you use to develop a use case?   1 Answer
    • Sometimes the same question would be asked in different ways, such as how do you draw information out of a subject matter expert.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process consisted of a few phone interviews and 2 back to back in person interviews. After the final interview the recruiters maintained contact until an offer was sent out. This process overall took over 3 months.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, networked with on-campus presenter, gave her my resume as well. She forwarded it on, was contacted by the recruiter the next week via email for an initial interview. Basic questions about personality, whether or not you knew what Avanade did, its relationship with its parent company and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was an entry-level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I first applied to Avanade via online resume drop (aka a black hole with most employers). I was lucky because some corporate recruiter thought that I was somehow connected in the IT industry, so he got in touch in November 2011 asking me if I knew anyone who might be interested in a job with Avanade. I told him I didn't and explained my situation (a couple years out of college, but still looking for my first full-time job). He immediately referred me to a recruiter (Lisa), with whom I dealt for the rest of my recruiting process.

I first set up a phone interview/screening with Lisa, and after a couple reschedulings, we had it and she was impressed so she moved me on. At that point we discussed which service line I'd like to be a part of, and we decided on CRM. She then arranged a technical phone interview with a director in the CRM service line, which I finally had after a couple reschedulings as well. This interview did not end up being technical at all,l but this guy was impressed with me, and told Lisa so. (Each time I spoke with Lisa after an interview, she always liked to ask how I thought the interview went before telling me the feedback; maybe she only does this when feedback is positive.) In December, Lisa talked to me about setting up an in-person interview with a director, but I was travelling, and then the interviewer's schedule changed, so that never happened. In January, Lisa got in touch and told me that CRM no longer had any open positions, but they were interested in moving me along with another service line. We discussed, and agreed on BI. She then set up another technical interview with a director. When I actually had the call, it ended up not being with the person I expected, but no big deal. This interview was, indeed, a bit technical, but nothing crazy. He just asked me questions about how I would deal with different situations that a BA might encounter. He moved me along, and Lisa asked me to come into the Chicago office for a final round interview on a Friday.

On the interview day, I realized that I was interviewing for a recent-grad program, but no big deal. I was with about 10 other candidates. They put us in a conference room with some breakfast and some current Avanade employees (somewhat recent hires). Then they gave us a presentation, and then we had about 4 hours in which each person had two half-hour interviews, and the rest was down time to talk to the current employees, and also work on a low-pressure writing assignment (something like "why is Avanade a good fit for your career"). Then we had lunch and an HR presentation. This was followed by a low-key group activity in which they observed how we worked. I won't tell you what exactly the activity was, but it was pretty fun, and not hard.

By that time, I had received a competing offer from another company, and I told my recruiter about it. She must have really hurried the decision process because by the following Wednesday, I had an offer. She asked for my answer by the next day. I asked for the weekend, but the most she could give me was Friday (because of an upcoming start-date and the paperwork that had to be processed in time). It was a hard decision process, and Avanade was extremely appealing, but I decided to decline the offer and the accept the competing offer. I will definitely keep Avanade in mind as my career progresses. Lisa (my recruiter) was extremely professional and very nice, and gave me an overall great experience with the company.

Interview Questions

• You're a Business Analyst, and you're dealing with two customers who give you some data. They use the same algorithms or decision processes, but the end results that they give you are different. How do you deal with this, and figure out what's going on?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a time where you had to convince people to adopt technology? How did you do it?   Answer Question

I had an offer from another company, and, while the position offered less learning and growth opportunity than the position with Avanade, I chose it because it also offered much better work/life balance (eg. no travel, decent and flexible hours, etc.) and pay was comparable. It was a very difficult decision though. If anyone is ever faced with the decision between two jobs, just remember that there's no wrong choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Three round interview starting with a business analyst, then senior business analyst, then CFO of North America. The senior business analyst brought a sample case study which I had 30 min to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through employee referral, and was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter who asked the standard behavioral and background questions. After that, I was passed to a hiring manager for a 30 minute interview consisting entirely of my asking questions, with nothing asked to me. Was contacted about two weeks later inviting me to come to Seattle for a final round on-site. Recruiter gave me the likely date, and told me she would follow up the next day to confirm. She never followed up. Ignored all my calls/e-mails, even as my supposed on-site day passed. Responded the week after saying they had decided to go with candidates who had interviewed on-site the previous week. The week I would have been there had she scheduled it. Extremely shady.