Avanade Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avanade

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX).

Interview

They like to interview you and pretend they’ll offer you a job but then somehow say they don’t have a position available any more, or there’s no project to put you on. Waste of time. Plus, the salary offer is terrible.

Interview Questions

• Asked very standard BA questions that they had to read off a sheet.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Three round interview starting with a business analyst, then senior business analyst, then CFO of North America. The senior business analyst brought a sample case study which I had 30 min to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through employee referral, and was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter who asked the standard behavioral and background questions. After that, I was passed to a hiring manager for a 30 minute interview consisting entirely of my asking questions, with nothing asked to me. Was contacted about two weeks later inviting me to come to Seattle for a final round on-site. Recruiter gave me the likely date, and told me she would follow up the next day to confirm. She never followed up. Ignored all my calls/e-mails, even as my supposed on-site day passed. Responded the week after saying they had decided to go with candidates who had interviewed on-site the previous week. The week I would have been there had she scheduled it. Extremely shady.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

It was a quick process. Took about a week from when I applied to the final interview. However I did apply when they were finishing up interviewing people. People I spoke with were very nice. The final interview was scheduled to take 45 minutes. After the interviewer asked his questions, I wanted to take the rest of the scheduled time to ask questions but it seemed that by the end of it, the interviewer was tired of answering the questions. So I guess don't take the full scheduled time....

Interview Questions

• How is your relationship with your superiors and how do you deal with conflicting ideas?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized. Invited me in person to a second interview. I went and they had no one for me to talk to and most of my time was spent sitting around. They called me a week later to tell me that they no longer were hiring people for this position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Avanade and why would you be a good fit   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview was conducted and 2 others. Process very informative.
    Feedback every step of the way. Questions were technical and functional.
    Answer on employee cam quick as well.
    Ample time to prepare between interviews.
    Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
    Overall good experience during the interview process with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Business Analyst position in October 2015 for the Los Angeles office. It was a very straightforward interview process. I went to their table at my university career fair, and they were very nice. The next day, I met with them in our career center for a 30-minute interview (more of an overview of my resume, why I wanted to do consulting, basics of the application process). About a month later, I had my second round interview. It was with a current consultant. The first 15 minutes were some questions he had for me. The next 30 minutes were dedicated for me to lead the interview and "pick" his brain for any and all information I wanted to know. The topics were up to me, but I asked about the life of a consultant, the day-to-day tasks and career planning in the company, etc. This was very valuable, so come with questions beforehand.
    About a month later, I was invited to the final round in-house interview, which consisted of one interview with a manager and a group case presentation. After their initial presentation, I had a single interview with one of the managers who was in charge of the group I applied for (BA for me, SD or SE for other people). The interview was relaxed and was more an opportunity for me to speak with someone who had been with the company for a while and see if this was a good fit for me. The main part of the in-house interview came with our group case. We were given the prompt the day before, but we got the "ask" the day of. It wasn't a technical case, as it focused more around the requirements gathering from the "CEO" and then presenting our conclusion in an effective way.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have used technology to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone to adopt a technology and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with ambiguous situations? What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

3 part interview process, where the recruiter will have the first interview with you to test your people skills as well as your passion for technology/consulting. the 2nd interview is with someone in that position and you actually have to "facilitate" the interview and ask questions about their day in the life. Third one is with an exec level employee where they can ask you technical and consulting related questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the biggest technology in the next 5 years? Can you handle 80% travel?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in January 2014.

Interview

It took 2 weeks , i talked with the AX Director. The interview was great but I think I missed the fact that I should have been more professional.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question but may be tricky question ( or standardized set of answers required)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process consisted of a few phone interviews and 2 back to back in person interviews. After the final interview the recruiters maintained contact until an offer was sent out. This process overall took over 3 months.