Avanade Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview is very basic get to you know you with your recruiter. Super nice and was great at answering all of my questions.

The second interview was with a consultant who was set to interview me and it involves knowing your projects and knowing your technical skills.

The third and final interview is on site with other candidates but don't worry it's not a competitive interview with everyone else there. They provided food and did a great job selling the company to us. Then came the two 1 on 1 interviews. One behavorial and one technical with a whiteboard question, the whiteboard question is more or less a way for the interviewer to see how you think through a question. Do not be afraid to admit you don't know what to do next.

Most importantly don't overstress yourself because they are looking for people who are willing to learn not get every answer right. Plus you made it this far make sure to enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard question: reverse a string without using the reverse function   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel (approximately 80% of the time)?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your strengths and weakness   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with HR, a second phone interview with a technical employee for any questions I had, and an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews and group presentation, roleplaying as consultants.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of basic interviews with the HR lady who was very nice and explained everything in detail.
    Then first interview went great, we talk about technologies , projects that i worked on.
    Second one the guy asked me similar questions about projects i worked on and gave me a coding challenge to create a method to check for valid email address. He didn't tell me i could use .net string built in functions.
    Later on I got a call from the HR lady telling me that the second interviewer said i was not interested. What?? where did he get that?
    Completely opposite of the first one. My advice is , get the guy to like you ( not sure how to do that)
    I really appreciated how HR lady gave me a feedback

Interview Questions

• String manipulation, use .Net string built methods or ask if u can, it will make ur life easier.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable and lightning fast process
    One HR One technical screen and two in person with senior executives
    The recruiter prepped me a lot in advance
    Interviews were conducted in very professional and timely manner.
    Looking for well rounded engineers to work as consultants.

Interview Questions

• Several questions:
      Round 1: Basic HR
      Round 2: Techical questions on .net, c#, sql
      Round 3: Deep dive on projects you have worked on and patterns used
      Round 4: whiteboarding exercise - string manipulation and recursive methods   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had my First HR interview, and within a week had an interview on a Saturday over the phone with my manager, I had the following after a week, and a video interview with a VP within a week after that, so it took me about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Because I was interviewing for a role that I didn't much experience, I was asked a lot of questions about windows and active directory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had three interviews. One was on the weekend, they knew I wasn't a super engineer, but I was able to illustrate more importantly how I find solutions.

The second was with another SE, the third I had to go to an accenture office to do a telepresence with one of the execs.

Entry-Level Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I contacted them through a friend who worked there. A lot of questions about my programming experience and projects, even though I did not have any projects.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince somebody to change their viewpoint on something.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I went through 3 phone calls and one in person interview.
    1st call was informative about my background and my skills.
    2nd call going over the benefits and what to expect at Avanade.
    3rd call was technical call high-level questions about ASP.NET C#.

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Part 1: Phone interview with Avanade recruiter. They will ask some typical STAR questions as well as asking how your technical background is.
    Part 2: Phone interview with someone in Avanade with the same position you are applying for. Make sure you have a lot of questions since you are conducting the interview, not them.
    Part 3: Final interview at the Avanade office. You will be with a handful of other potential candidates as Avanade will be critiquing how well you do in groups. Activities will include talking to Avanade employees in the room (judging how you interact with clients) and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• What piece of technology do you find the most innovative in the past decade?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no travel expense for moving.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Mostly remote online meetings with members of the team I would be joining. Very technically challenging to determine what I knew. Lots of good information about them and how they work. One on-site interview in Chicago (closest office) to make sure I am a real person I guess. The remote meetings were well scheduled and included video. I was able to gain a lot of insight into the company from the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability to travel?   1 Answer