Avanade Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avanade

3.2

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Phone screen then second round with people who were actual consultants. Seemed nice. Had to move forward due to not liking the travel policy (traveling 4 days a week)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in August 2018.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Phone screen with HR
    - Phone interview with a senior consultant for 1 hour. Grilled about SQL codes and algorithms
    - Phone interview with a director for 1 hour. Mainly behavioral questions, my background and experience, and my interest in the whole economy, industry, etc. This director even sent an email to me after the phone call to say thank you, which is very nice.

HR followed up pretty much the next business day to give me feedback from my interviews. I was told that the director thought I could use more training for my technical background as well as enhancing my knowledge and experience in IT consulting so they decided to move me to their campus recruiting group for a junior position which I was happy about. Unfortunately, they did not have opening in the city where I reside.

Interview Questions

Avanade Response

Oct 18, 2018 – Global Talent Acquisition Lead

Here at Avanade, we try to support our candidates as best as possible throughout the recruiting process, and I am encouraged to see that our team tried to work with you to best match a position to... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

recruiter interview, than onsite interview. They wanted to do on site interview same week when was out of town, said could do interview the following week but they never got back to me on the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Avanade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

First was an initial phone call that asked what I knew about the company and if I could explain what they do to someone who is not familiar with technology at all. Then I had a 45 minute call with a consultant and he told me more about the company and asked questions to get a sense of my technical knowledge, but the majority of the time I was supposed to run the interview by asking questions. I was told I would hear back within a week no matter if I got it or not but never heard from them again even when I reached out.

Interview Questions

• Describe what their software does in terms that would be understood by a person not familiar with technology at all   Answer Question
    • What are some computer languages that need to be compiled and why   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call screen with HR, followed by two separate phone calls with manager-level team members, then finally an in-person interview.

Phone call with HR was to get a general idea if I was a fit for the job. Phone calls with managers were designed to get a grasp on technical understanding and previous experience. In-person interview had more detailed questions, but also included casual conversation with interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were at odds with a client and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

3 Interviews, all people who use to be old Accenture grilling you to determine if your a fit.A lot of the same questions were asked by different people. Maybe to determine if you would answer the same? They posted the job, interviewed, then no money in budget then received call back in a few months if I was still interested. That had me concerned about if I would have a job. They sell the partnership with Accenture and Microsoft using their tools, so it sounds really good!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a basic interview with an HR employee. They asked me questions to confirm the things that I had listed on my resume. They then asked me to assess with skill level within a variety of computer science sub fields and technologies (SQL, data structures, C#, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a project that you didn't originally have all the skills you needed to complete.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY).

Interview

First, you go through phone screen and then 2-3 face to face interview. Phone interview usually runs for 30 min or so and done by HR person. You go through technical interview with their Sr. Managers who is available for the interview at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had my First HR interview, and within a week had an interview on a Saturday over the phone with my manager, I had the following after a week, and a video interview with a VP within a week after that, so it took me about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Because I was interviewing for a role that I didn't much experience, I was asked a lot of questions about windows and active directory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I had to go through 3 phone interviews and one face-to-face interview.
    However, they delayed my interview process by 4 more months since
    they didn't have enough quota of people to get trained. From months
    to months, I had to call the recruiter every two weeks to get an update.
    She finally spoke to me, and I had the phone interview in December.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer