Avanade Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avanade (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

To be honest, I had to stop the interviewer because the interview was going the direction of a "terms" test and whether or not I knew what the interviewer was discussing (more or less the topics were coming from a company generated script from what I can tell based on how things were being read). The beginning of the conversation was to ramp up my background and discuss what I had done in my career yet the focus was then quickly shifted to this "skills" portion where the rating scale was established. If I knew I was going to be tasked with a "terms test", I could have easily pulled up a basic architecture map of the MS product in question and start responding to the terms that were asked in regards to that build in question.

Advice to the Recruitment Office: When the company advertises "we want to know about your IT management experience" from the recruitment office, make sure that the interview is defined and delivered to the right individual so that employee is properly trained to handle that general screen. The company should not be advertising one job and work to push you into a technical role regardless if you want to or not. I felt like I got the bait and switch. I applied to be a manager and that is where I want my career to go but I guess you need to be more blatantly clear with these folks on the phone prior to taking that step for a phone screen.

Also, the company is a pure consulting play, not what I was told to expect at all....

Although, I got a laugh out of the fact that the guy who interviewed me with the title of "group manager" said "he didn't have to really do anything in his role and liked it"..... Priceless.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I was an employee referral from a friend currently working for Avanade. There was a phone interview with HR and then a phone tech screen followed by an in person 1:1 meeting. Very easy and painless interview process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with a quick phone screening and then a couple of phone interviews. They asked average interview questions and got into some technical questions later in the process. The process was typical and the HR people were mostly nice and helpful with the interview. The one complaint was during my process I had scheduled an interview weeks before and the HR person sent me an e-mail the day before my scheduled interview asking me to sign up again which led to a little bit of confusion

Interview Questions

• Knowledge on waterfall and agile methodology?   1 Answer

Recruiter Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Irving, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

An in person interview with Recruiting Manager at his office in Las Colinas has required. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The hiring manager was on time and very nice.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with SAP or other systems they were currently using at the time of the interview   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process usually is 3-4 interviews and consists of PM questions, technical questions, and situational questions by senior managers

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions can be challenging   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slow